Working for the Core Competency Group – Directed Assembly Research Platform (DARP) and Performance Materials Group, R&D.
Charter of the DARP:
Focus on particle, polymer, and transport fundamentals that enable assembly and organization of particles in polymers and on surfaces. Identifying opportunities for assembly of particles to improve or break performance trade-offs in structure/performance relationships in complex fluids, adhesives, coatings, elastomers, composite particles, and filled polymer systems.
- Expection to bring a high level of technical expertise to this multi-disciplinary project involving assembly of particles.
- Encouraged to generate new concepts, communicate their ideas, and execute on a plan of action in a team environment.
- Superior technical capability.
- Strong communication.
- Project leadership.
- Data management skills.
- Wide array of particle, polymer and complex fluid processing and characterization activities .
- Must possess or quickly build up a working knowledge of carbon black and fumed metal oxide properties, and begin to develop new ways to evolve and expand the product/property portfolio with new chemistries, testing methodologies and related concepts that are relevant to internal and external customers.
- Strong background in colloidal science, polymer processing and characterization as well as particle synthesis and modifications.
- Effective partnerships with other Cabot Research groups.
- 5% travel to conferences, research partnerships and customers.
About the Company:
- PhD in a technical field related to chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science, colloidal science, or materials science.
- Strong background in colloidal science, particle chemistries, polymer processing and characterization, and mechanical testing.
- Able to be a technical lead in projects, and be a team player.
- Commitment to safe work practices coupled with a drive to technical creativity and innovation.
- Capable of project management, data management and statistical interpretation of data.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills horizontally and vertically within the organization
- Guide, lead and grow research associates and associate scientists.
- Interact successfully with technical, and managerial colleagues.
- 3-5 years industrial experience in a technical position involving aspects of research, product development or applications development preferred.
- Experience working with engineering software preferred.
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company provides customers with a variety of products including rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel, security materials and elastomer composites.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.