Scientist II, Inflammation Research Job Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Celgene Corporation, headquartered in Summit, New Jersey, is an integrated global biopharmaceutical company engaged primarily in the discovery, development and commercialization of novel therapies for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases. Celgene R&D is at an exciting phase of productivity and growth. There is an opportunity for a skilled and engaged individual to join a team delivering the next generation therapeutics for inflammation and immunology related diseases.
Discovery at Celgene
Celgene Discovery is a dynamic organization of many scientists that form a fully integrated team focused on the identification and optimization of proprietary small molecules and biologics for treating cancer and inflammatory disease. We are connected to multiple alliances that enrich and expand our early portfolio and research platforms. Inflammation Research is a department of skilled molecular and cell biologists that provide expert experimental support to the discovery teams, clinical project teams and our alliances working on inflammation –immunology related projects. We have a high performing, open collaborative environment where you will interact and work side by side with scientists from other departments including biochemistry, chemistry, oncology, pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, biotherapeutics, and toxicology.
Reporting to a Principal Scientist, you will be responsible for designing and executing on cell biology related experiments to select small molecule as well as antibody drug targets, validate assays, screen compounds and perform investigative pharmacology on lead molecules. You will be a member of one or more integrated discovery teams pursuing the nomination of clinical drug candidates. Opportunities to demonstrate superior scientific acumen, supervisory and leadership potential will be provided as part of your career development.
• Perform independent literature-inspired research
• Independently design, execute and interpret series of experiments relating to scientific programs.
• Validate and run cell based assays
• Maintain an accurate electronic notebook
• Comply with laboratory safety procedures
• Introduce new scientific approaches and platforms
• Provide operational oversight of specified instrumentation
• Deliver on cell biology needs for drug discovery teams of which you are member
• Process and communicate scientific findings in joint meetings and in written reports or manuscripts
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
PhD in life sciences or medical sciences with a minimum of four years of directly relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience. MS with at least 12 years relevant experience
• Strong background in immunology, inflammation, or fibrosis
• Technical skill in molecular and cell biology
• Evidence of peer reviewed work
• Four years of direct and/or relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
• Demonstrated excellence in molecular biology and immunological techniques
• Experience with flow-cytometry instrumentation, experimental design and datasets highly desired
• Understanding of immunology and inflammation related biology
• Understanding of accuracy, quality control, statistics, and significance of conclusions
• Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
• Ability to select and read relevant literature and communicate findings to colleagues
• At ease with software applications for storing, processing and presenting data
• Able to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
• Able to listen to and engage with colleagues of diverse backgrounds
• Passion, Courage, Trust, Excellence are our core value
Req ID: 14000922
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Job: Research and Development
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting: 2014-03-27 00:00:00.0
Healthcare Jobs on Display
- 17 months ago - save job
Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.