Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
Ph.D. in Biology or related scientific field with at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience, preferred. Or a Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with at least 10 years work experience or Master's degree with at least 8 years work experience.
A full-time Scientist position is now available in the Inflammation Research department of Celgene, San Diego, CA. Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in Biology or related field with at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience. Applicants with a Bachelors or Masters degree with at least 8 years of required expertise with drug discovery experience may also be considered. The qualified candidate will have demonstrated success with independent research and problem solving in cell biology. Technical excellence and an understanding of cell contractile mechanisms and/or fibroproliferative disease is highly desired. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required as you will work as an influential member of a drug discovery team.
Inflammation Research validates drug targets, develops novel cellular assays, and uses these assays to evaluate new chemical entities and to profile, in depth, the molecular activity of candidate compounds. The group also provides translational science support to clinical studies involving our drug candidates. Celgene is a multinational biopharmaceutical company and our mission is to deliver innovative medicines to patients with severe unmet needs in the area of cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune disease.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Validating quantitative cell assays. Maintaining quality control and integrating assay results into workflows. Presenting and explaining scientific data.
2. Member of drug discovery team(s). Responsible for delivering critical cell data on time.
3. Profiling compounds and exploring mechanism of action using cell assays.
4. Keeping up to date on relevant literature. Recommending new drug targets, assays, project concepts and researching information to support recommendations.
5. Supervision of associate staff.
- Scientific method. Ability to generate hypotheses and design meaningful experiments to test the hypothesis.
- Independence. Ability to research information on one's own.
- Teamwork. Ability to support and influence other scientists
- Expertise. Cell biology technical ability regarded as state of the art.
- Communication. Ability to speak, write and illustrate hypotheses, data and conclusions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Able to design complex experiments with scientific rationale.
- Able to critically analyze and interpret data.
- Learning the drug development process.
- Draw appropriate conclusions.
- Possess in-depth knowledge in area.
- Understands fundamental scientific problems and can apply knowledge to research and development projects and problems in a positive manner.
- Developing skills in critical interpretation of scientific data and problem solving and reporting of scientific data.
- Contributes individually as well as on cross functional teams.
- Responsible for more complex assignments and for more than 1 project.
- Able to evaluate CRO's.
- Well versed in fundamentals of functional area.
- Understands the context, impact and timely communication of data.
Creativity and Problem Solving:
- Works as an individual contributor.
- Viewed as a knowledgeable resource within the department.
- Supervising/mentor role in function.
Teamwork and Influence:
- Critically assess project(s) and formulates ideas.
- Implement solutions independently.
- Scope of problem solving is generally within the departmental function.
- Recommend and formulate protocols and experimental plans.
- Communicates with cross functional team.
- Routinely contributes to the achievement of workgroup/team goals.
- Represents workgroup/team or department on multi-disciplinary or cross functional teams.
- Beginning to have a direct impact on departmental performance.
- Impact is achieved primarily by contributing to team efforts.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Acts with integrity
- Analysis of issues
- Building relationships
- Coaching and developing others
- Delivers presentations
- Develops systems & process
- Fosters open communication
- Influence others
- Manages execution
- Use sound judgment
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee's temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene. This job has originated from a member site of TheJobNetwork - Bio Career Center LLC. Category: Biotechnology and Pharmacy, Keywords: Scientist I, Inflammation Research Job, Location: SAN DIEGO, CA - 92101
TheJobNetwork - 19 months ago
Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.