All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- A Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in health communications, public health, psychology or a closely related field from an accredited college or university. Minimum 7 years of specialized experience (may include mentored experience as part of advanced doctoral or post-doctoral training) in leading and conducting empirical research relevant to behavioral science and/or pediatric injury prevention.
- Doctoral training in public health, health communications (or closely related field) with strong research focus.
- Expertise in ehealth applications and evaluation
- Strong research design and analytical skills.
- Open to innovative and interdisciplinary work
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships with interdisciplinary researchers, scientists, and programmatic staff, as well as potential programmatic research sponsors.
- Must be an effective communicator both orally and in writing.
Manage Center scientific efforts in e-health research that utilize the Web-Enabled Interactive System for Evaluation Research (WISER). Serve as an intellectual partner and day-to-day scientific lead guiding WISER development, its use and future development. The WISER system is a new software system and method that will facilitate the evaluation of e-health and m-health interventions. The Scientist will also develop new research directions and funding opportunities for the Center within the field of child/adolescent injury prevention and health promotion and will prepare manuscripts and abstracts for publication.
Integrally involved in e-health behavioral science research at the Center. Work primarily with the WISER project PI and co-PI, and with other funded Center projects. Also, work actively to develop new or enhanced areas of research for the Center.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 2 years ago
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...