All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- A Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in health communications, public health, psychology or a closely related field from an accredited college or university. Minimum 7 years of specialized experience (may include mentored experience as part of advanced doctoral or post-doctoral training) in leading and conducting empirical research relevant to behavioral science and/or pediatric injury prevention.
- Doctoral training in public health, health communications (or closely related field) with strong research focus.
- Expertise in ehealth applications and evaluation
- Strong research design and analytical skills.
- Open to innovative and interdisciplinary work
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships with interdisciplinary researchers, scientists, and programmatic staff, as well as potential programmatic research sponsors.
- Must be an effective communicator both orally and in writing.
Manage Center scientific efforts in e-health research that utilize the Web-Enabled Interactive System for Evaluation Research (WISER). Serve as an intellectual partner and day-to-day scientific lead guiding WISER development, its use and future development. The WISER system is a new software system and method that will facilitate the evaluation of e-health and m-health interventions. The Scientist will also develop new research directions and funding opportunities for the Center within the field of child/adolescent injury prevention and health promotion and will prepare manuscripts and abstracts for publication.
Integrally involved in e-health behavioral science research at the Center. Work primarily with the WISER project PI and co-PI, and with other funded Center projects. Also, work actively to develop new or enhanced areas of research for the Center.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...