Design, synthesis, fabrication, and testing of novel materials for contact lens products. Development of future products is conducted based on in-house capabilities and interfacing with outside suppliers and consultants. This position involves both hands-on and management/coordination of multiple projects. Works in a cross-functional team environment involving R & D, Process Development, Manufacturing, and Marketing.
• Works effectively in a team environment with the ability to guide Research Associates and the ability to interface effectively with cross-functional teams and the Process Development group.
• First-line manager for Research Associate. Must be able to effectively develop and mentor direct report(s).
• Ability to troubleshoot when problems arise.
• Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously. Highly creative in developing strategies for solving problems.
• Works under minimal supervision and is driven by project requirements such as milestones and timelines.
• Works independently to design and develop strategy, and execute experiments.
• Effectively communicates, both orally and written, with internal personnel and external vendors and consultants. Ability to analyze data and write technical reports and create presentations.
• Keeps others informed on project progress and issues.
• Stays informed and educated with technological advances to assist with product development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Literate in Microsoft Office Products
• Effectively and clearly communicates, both orally and written
• Ability to analyze data and write technical reports and create presentations.
• Polymer chemistry experience strongly preferred.
• Previous first-line management experience preferred.
• Normal office environment in a cubicle setting. Must be willing to work in a laboratory setting.
• 7+ years experience, depending on degree level
• Bachelor of Science with 9+ years of experience; Masters of Science with 7+ years of experience; or Ph. D.
CooperVision - 11 months ago
CooperVision wants you to be able to clearly see the benefits of its products. CooperVision (CVI) is a leading manufacturer of contact...