This scientist will
- Construct physics-based computer models starting from photonic first principles (i.e., electromagnetic theory, optical theory, etc.). Models will be applied to various imaging systems (e.g., UV, Visible, EO/IR) under a variety of conditions.
- Participate in validation of the computer modeling predictions using empirical data sets.
- Investigate and quantify the uncertainty of the physics models.
- Spectral science training and/or radar signal processing background (5-7 years)
- Strong physics background with emphasis on electrodynamics and optics (3-5 years)
- Physics or atmospheric modeling experience (1-3 years)
- MATLAB Programming Experience (including Signal Processing Toolbox and Image Processing Toolbox components)
- Atmospheric transmission modeling (e.g., MODTRAN) experience
- Imaging sensors experience (e.g., UV/Visible/IR imagers) especially thermal sensors
- Thermal imaging model experience (e.g., NVTherm-IP, NV-IPM, etc.)
- Publication or other technical writing experience
EOIR Technologies - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -