The Experimental Pathology Laboratory develops novel biomarkers and provides disease model development support for animal models within the Tailored Therapeutics organization. Scientists in the laboratory develop and characterize these biomarkers and models and analyze samples collected from non-Toxicology animal studies. Translation of these techniques into human samples is often needed to support clinical trial planning. These assays might also be transitioned to an external partner for larger scale sample analysis or into the Clinical Diagnostics Laboratory for development into a potential Diagnostic test.
- Scientists employ established biomarker assays, including immunohistochemistry assays and special histological stains, on disease models or human tissue to support drug development.
- Scientists may assist in biomarker development.
- Scientist work closely with pathologists and senior scientist on interpretation of data.
- Scientists ensure that studies are designed and executed in a manner that allows for decision making process of pathologists and senior scientists.
- Scientists help manually quantify stains on slides using standardized counting guidelines. Scientists may digitize slides and perform routine image analysis.
- Scientists perform standard tissue culture techniques that may include treatments, transient transfections, stable transfections, and knock-downs.
- Scientists may perform standard molecular/cell biology-related techniques such as immunoblotting, qPCR, flow cytometry.
- Communication and information management –
- Scientists will maintain notebooks, prepare and present data and use computer software such as Sigma Plot, JMP, FlowJo or other data visualization tools to organize, analyze and summarize data.
- Technical writing skills –
- Scientists are required to author project plans, reports, standard laboratory procedures and other documentation.
- The associate may also present data to various groups and contribute to reports, regulatory documents, manuscripts, posters, etc.
- Quality control –
- Scientists follow standard laboratory procedures where applicable, ensure quality results, continually strive to improve efficiency, and consult with EPL leadership daily.
- Associate’s degree in a core science
- Broad scientific skills with multiple platform competencies including work with tissue samples
- Experience in Histology or Immunohistochemistry
- Project management skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Competency in Microsoft Sharepoint
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Experimental design; scientific approach to problem solving; method development, optimization and validation.
- ELI LILLY AND COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Eli Lilly - 14 months ago
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in...