Scientist, Molecular Biology, DNA Design & Synthesis
- This is a stellar opportunity responsible for developing advanced Gene Synthesis and DNA Sequencing techniques within an innovative new San Diego Based Molecular Biology Biotechnology Company.
Your scientific leadership will include:
* Designing synthetic DNA constructs and performing advanced gene synthesis activities.
* Performing data analysis on sequenced data to analyze and understand factors determining DNA synthesis.
* Developing novel DNA synthesis methods in collaboration with Scientific team members.
* Driving Molecular Biology related techniques including DNA sequencing, site directed mutagenesis, development of constructs and high-throughput genomic pipelines.
* Operating automated laboratory equipment including ABI 3730, DNA Sequencers, Biomek and QPix.
* Developing and implementing computational biology tools including BLAST and Vector NTI.
* Working directly with software engineers programming in Java, Python or Visual Basic to design advanced tools and outputs.
* Working directly with production and manufacturing by generating SOPs and batch recording of design efforts.
* Leading the
development of advanced molecular technologies including high throughput
screening (HTS), microarray chip experimental design, SNP data mining,
gene characterization, and expression profiling.
Preferred Candidate Background and Expertise:
* MS or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or related scientific field.
5+ years of Biotechnology industry industry
experience performing Molecular Engineering, Molecular Biology, Antibody Engineering, or
Protein Engineering research.
Expertise in the development and implementation of advanced molecular
technologies including DNA sequencing, site directed mutagenesis, development of constructs, high-throughput genomic pipelines and computational engineering.
* Computational experience developing and implementing computational biology tools including BLAST and Vector NTI as well as expertise programming in Java, Python or Visual Basic.