Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Scientist to support the Professional Scientific Staffing group Kalamazoo, MI.
Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Freeze, thaw and expand hybridoma cells.
· Purify monoclonal antibody from tissue culture supernatants.
· Use sterile technique, cell counting and pipetting skills
· Prepare buffers and media
· Keep accurate records
· Employ virological and bacterial methodologies including ELISA, nucleic acid extraction, PCR, serum neutralization assays, virus isolation, Western blot, and bacterial growth and identification are strongly desired
· Work with small laboratory animals
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Experience performing culture of mammalian tissue, viruses or bacteria
· Fundamental knowledge of ELISA
· Experience in antibody/antigen interaction
· Experience in Western blotting techniques would be a plus
· Experience working with viruses and bacteria
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, fast-paced, timeline driven and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Bachelor's degree in biology, microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
· At least one year technical laboratory experience
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates residing in Kalamazoo, MI are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive cafeteria plan medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Lancaster Laboratories - 17 months ago
Don't buy those Bunsen burners. Let Lancaster Laboratories handle it. One of the largest contract laboratories in the country, it...