Consider joining Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for an Scientist to support our Professional Scientific Staffing group in West Greenwich, RI.
Scientist responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Sterilization of laboratories, equipment and glassware for lab use
· Order chemicals and consumables with appropriate safety information
· Track order information and inventory
· Equipment maintenance and calibration
· Shipping and receiving of equipment, samples, raw materials, and consumables for Process Development labs
· Delivery of items to the labs
· Preparation of buffers and media and formulate recipes
· Maintain laboratory equipment and cleanliness
· Interact on a routine basis with colleagues in other process development groups
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Knowledge of process data compilation and analysis
· Experience using HTST technique
· Experience in pilot-scale or large-scale buffer and media preparation including recipe formulation, documentation, and proper filtration into required containers for storage and use
· Demonstrated equipment troubleshooting skills
· Strong computer, scientific, mathematical, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· BS in Engineering, Life Science or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience
· At least one year of experience in pharmaceutical industry using automated and computer controlled process equipment
· Ability to lift at least 25 pounds and spend 80% of the time standing or walking
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Greenwich, RI are encouraged to apply.
As a Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Lancaster Laboratories - 14 months ago
Don't buy those Bunsen burners. Let Lancaster Laboratories handle it. One of the largest contract laboratories in the country, it...