The Scientist will perform a variety of routine and some complex laboratory procedures utilizing appropriate analytical instrument in support of new and improved product development. As a Scientist, this individual should have in-depth understanding and working knowledge of industry guidance, separation sciences, spectroscopy and a variety of hands-on analytical techniques, e.g. HPLC, Dissolution, Karl Fischer. The Scientist is expected to perform routine, method validation and research experiments with moderate supervision. Following sample analysis, the Scientist is responsible for calculation, processing, review and compilation of the results. Additionally, the Scientist may assist in administration of stability program. The individual should have ability and desire to learn new technologies. The Scientist may identify/observe problems and suggest possible solutions.
- Generation of Data/Reports: Provide accurate, reliable data concerning products, raw materials and packaging components through physical and chemical testing. Maintain a laboratory notebook and complete all documentation with clear and accurate language in adherence with SOP and cGMP. Review notebook and approve data. Assist in writing or prepare scientific reports.
- Degree of Independence and Work Efficiency: Perform routine analyses in accordance with written procedures and more complex experiments with some guidance. Interpret analytical data in regards to acceptability and consistency and help maintain analytical instrumentation. Plan and organize work with minimal supervision and manage time effectively to complete assignments within expected time frame.
- Compliance with Regulations: Work safely and maintain awareness of health, environmental and regulatory issues. Possess good knowledge of GMPs; SOPs; USP; FDA and ICH guidelines; DEA, OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Technique Development and Problem Solving: Possess ability to learn and apply/adapt new technologies. Demonstrate some troubleshooting capabilities in routine analysis, procedure and/or instrumentation problems.
- Communication: Timely and effectively communicate analytical results and project status to supervisor. Assist in preparation of reports and/or department presentations.
- Department Responsibility: Provide assistance and training to new colleagues in day-to-day activities, laboratory procedures, instrumentation and data analysis.
BS with 6+ years relevant experience or MS with 4+ years relevant experience.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
Technical Requirements Has a proficient working knowledge of the primary scientific discipline and a developing knowledge of related disciplines. Follows & helps to establish experimental procedures. Independently operates a variety of laboratory equipment and can troubleshoot as required. Uses good planning skills in producing satisfactory output and accurate notebook & records in support of both exploratory activities and full research programs. Independently calculates data in an accurate & scientific manner. Interprets and extrapolates data to give one's opinion on experiments and/or new procedures. Can independently search and gather data/protocols/ information from scientific literature.
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com . No hard copy resumes will be considered.
Purdue Pharma L.P. - 14 months ago