Scientist, Process Chemistry
A top tier biotechnology company is seeking an experienced Scientist to support its drug discovery efforts. Extensive knowledge in synthetic organic chemistry is essential. This role will be laboratory based delivering final compounds for drug discovery projects.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
· Execution of synthesis and purification to SOP standards of compounds for drug discovery projects
· Characterization and identification of compounds using modern analytical methods including, but not limited to, HPLC, LCMS, NMR.
· Determination of regio- and stereochemistry
· Design and optimization of synthetic routes for target compounds both for personal and team chemistry
· Submission of final compounds for biological testing in accordance with SOP’s
· Full compliance with eLN SOP’s providing an accurate record of practical chemistry
· Full compliance with all safety protocols and policies
· A qualified candidate has a BS/MS in chemistry with 4+ years of industry experience.
· Synthetic chemistry expertise with a proven track-record of problem solving and completion of synthetic targets
· High level knowledge of compound characterization methods including, but not limited to, NMR, MS, LCMS, HPLC.
· Able to comply with ACS Styles Guide for writing experimental procedures
· Able to do problem solving and trouble shooting for both practical and theoretical synthetic issues
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
CVPartners - 17 months ago