The Metabolic Disease Group at Regeneron is committed to discovering novel targets and innovative medicines to treat diabetes, dyslipidemia and obesity.
The candidate will help advance the metabolic project portfolio in lipid disease research area in supporting current programs and with target validation for new projects.
The candidate will be responsible for providing scientific direction, technical expertise and leadership, coordinating activities with project teams, other labs and groups across the organization.
• Support antibody-based therapeutics development projects in lipid disorders research area with in vitro and in vivo studies. Knowledge of lipoprotein metabolism and experience in lipid research, including mouse diseases models, are essential.
• Design and perform experiments for target identification and validation for new projects.
• Review scientific literature to identify areas and approaches for target discovery and for findings relevant to present lipid programs.
• Responsible for conducting and overseeing lab work, providing technical expertise and coordinating activities with other labs and project teams at Regeneron.
• Communicate effectively with collaborating scientists, project teams and senior management on scientific progress and new data. Publish data in scientific journals.
• Participate in staff development, resource allocation and performance management.
• Maybe responsible for supervision of Research Associates if assigned.
Experience and Required Skills:
• PhD with a minimum of three years of research experience in the area of lipid metabolic research.
• Knowledge of lipoprotein metabolism and lipid disorders are essential
• Experience with mouse disease models for validation of targets and characterization of antibodies for lipid-related metabolic diseases is essential.
• Experience in atherosclerosis research would be an advantage
• Additional experience in metabolic disorders are preferred
• Knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry and protein analytical techniques would be an advantage.
• General knowledge of state-of-the art technologies and approaches to support drug discovery programs.
• Documented strong scientific credentials, known and respected in his/her field of research. Strong command of academic or applied research efforts, scientific literature, and knowledge of key opinion leaders in the area.
• The successful candidate will be a critical and results-oriented individual who is flexible, team-oriented, creative and able to excel in a multi-project, fast-track environment.
Nature Jobs - 30+ days ago