Auto req ID: 1819BR
Job Posting Title: Job Posting Title: " >Scientist
Person Type: Regular
Posting Category: Research & Discovery
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
The Metabolic Disease Group at Regeneron is committed to discovering novel targets and innovative medicines to treat diabetes, dyslipidemia and obesity.
The candidate will help advance the metabolic project portfolio in lipid disease research area in supporting current programs and with target validation for new projects.
The candidate will be responsible for providing scientific direction, technical expertise and leadership, coordinating activities with project teams, other labs and groups across the organization.
Experience and Required Skills:Requirements:
- Support antibody-based therapeutics development projects in lipid disorders research area with in vitro and in vivo studies. Knowledge of lipoprotein metabolism and experience in lipid research, including mouse diseases models, are essential.
- Design and perform experiments for target identification and validation for new projects.
- Review scientific literature to identify areas and approaches for target discovery and for findings relevant to present lipid programs.
- Responsible for conducting and overseeing lab work, providing technical expertise and coordinating activitjes with other labs and project teams at Regeneron.
- Communicate effectively with collaborating scientists, project teams and senior management on scientific progress and new data. Publish data in scientific journals.
- Participate in staff development, resource allocation and performance management.
- Maybe responsible for supervision of Research Associates if assigned.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
- PhD with a minimum of three years of research experience in the area of lipid metabolic research.
- Knowledge of lipoprotein metabolism and lipid disorders are essential
- Experience with mouse disease models for validation of targets and characterization of antibodies for lipid-related metabolic diseases is essential.
- Experience in atherosclerosis research would be an advantage
- Additional experience in metabolic disorders are preferred
- Knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry and protein analytical techniques would be an advantage.
- General knowledge of state-of-the art technologies and approaches to support drug discovery programs.
- Documented strong scientific credentials, known and respected In hislher field of research. Strong command of academic or applied research efforts, scientific literature, and knowledge of key opinion leaders in the area.
- The successful candidate will be a critical and results-oriented individual who is flexible, team-oriented, creative and able to excel in a multi-project, fast-track environment.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Regeneron - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Regeneron is fighting some serious enemies. Regeneron Pharmaceuticals develops protein-based drugs used to battle a variety of diseases and...