Job Title: R&D Scientist –
To perform laboratory and pilot scale research and development projects. Tasks may include
• Design new, and modify existing test equipment or procedures to meet needs of test program
• Analyze and interpret data and translate the results to process and equipment design parameters
• Prepare a final report on research projects and when appropriate present results at conferences and in technical publications
• Serve as a consultant on technical aspects of Siemens water treatment technologies.
• Provide technical support to sales and marketing on applications of both new and existing technology.
• Contribute original research ideas.
• Provide field services when needed, such as assisting in start-ups, trouble shooting equipment, and performance evaluation.
A Professional degree (B.S., M.S., or PhD) in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Materials Science or an environmentally focused degree is preferred. Knowledge of water treatment techniques, Oil and Gas processes, and analytical testing techniques desired. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are required for this position. Acute observational skills and willingness to travel internationally are highly desirable.
Must be able to work independently, be self motivated and have the ability to think outside of the box.