At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently seeking Scientists/Sr. Scientists to join our fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative team in La Jolla, CA.
Successful candidates will develop and implement mammalian synthetic biology and genome engineering technologies in a cross-disciplinary R&D team collaborating with industrial and academic partners. In collaboration with senior leaders the Scientist/Sr. Scientist will participate in defining and implementing research plans to accomplish program targets; present data-supported conclusions in written and oral reports; generate detailed and complete laboratory notebooks, and participate in presentations and prosecution of filings for intellectual property to lead research; develops, maintains and protects intellectual property; assists legal staff in filing patent applications; participates in the generation, review and/or approval of internal and external documents and presentations; supervises and guides the research activities and professional development of direct reports; ensures staff compliance with all safety policies and practices.
- Experience and demonstrated excellence at the bench conducting research and development in a team and structured program environment.
- Foundational and applied R&D experience utilizing bioinformatics, molecular genetics and cell engineering.
- Demonstrated productivity and impact through publications, progressive responsibility and increasing technical breadth/depth.
- Excellent creativity, technical decision-making and trouble shooting skills.
- Document research in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policies.
- Analyze/present data and articulate supported conclusions in written/oral reports.
- Work in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Perform comprehensive literature reviews and summarize as required.
- Consistently demonstrate initiative for timely completion of projects and tasks.
- Ability to quickly obtain command of and utilize pertinent scientific literature.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ph.D. and postdoctoral training in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Immunology or related discipline in mammalian systems.
- 0-5 years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industrial experience.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and technical leadership at the bench in a dynamic, advanced R&D environment.
- Direct, hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, isolation and culturing of primary cells, cell cloning and expansion, gene transfer and transfection, molecular analysis and cell-based assays.
- Direct, hands-on experience with genome/cell engineering using advanced precision genome editing tools and/or synthetic biology approaches.
- Knowledge and experience with transplantation biology and/or immunology highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with colleagues/partners across a range of technical backgrounds, expertise and geographic locations strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and successfully integrate and apply scientific literature, research data and technical input to meet program goals preferred.
Synthetic Genomics, Inc. - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard