Scientific Program Manager
The Allen Institute for Brain Science, located in Seattle, Washington, is comprised of a multidisciplinary staff committed to understanding how the brain works and helping to unlock the mysteries of neurological diseases and disorders affecting millions worldwide. Serving the scientific community is at the center of our mission to accelerate progress toward understanding the brain and neurological systems. Creating tools and data that advance the pursuits of thousands and thousands of scientists around the world is our contribution to revolutionary neuroscience. To this end, the Allen Institute's resources - each a groundbreaking creation - are free and publicly available online.
The Program Manager will be instrumental in helping to define scientific, technical, and operational requirements for one of our new programs and will be responsible for driving and coordinating the execution of internal and external components of the program. He or she will facilitate the proper coordination of all program activities, along with detailed long-range planning that will be important for the future success of the program.
• Interact with management, stakeholders, and scientific and technical teams to define and deliver program objectives
• Work with scientific staff to define program requirements, create and manage program schedules
• Identify, assess, and track issues and risks at multiple levels and escalate issues to management and others when appropriate
• Create, maintain, and disseminate program information to stakeholders
• Plan and organize meetings with clear agenda and expected outcomes
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across multiple groups
• Remain flexible to changing priorities and ideas while keeping program milestones on track
• Help manage relationships between internal stake holders and external organizations
• Ph.D. in the life sciences
• 5 + years industry experience, preferably in a medical research or scientific environment
• Direct experience in managing complex life science projects with aggressive schedules and milestones, to include a strong track record of successful project delivery
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills, combined with strong interpersonal skills
• Experience managing projects in a matrix environment
The Allen Institute for Brain Science is an equal opportunity employer.
Link to job posting: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ALLENINSTITUTE&cws=1&rid=335
Allen Institute for Brain Science - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard