The Assessment Program at AIR is a well-regarded organization that is growing rapidly. We focus on providing our clients with customized assessments that not only measure student achievement against state standards, but also provide meaningful score reports that can help students, parents, and educators address any areas of student weakness. Our environment is fast-paced and we seek individuals who are willing to roll up their sleeves to produce high quality work in a timely manner.
We are currently seeking a Score Reporting Project Manager for our Washington, DC office. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a background in data analysis or computer science and who is interested in using computer systems to meet current educational challenges. He or she should be able to learn quickly, build relationships with a diverse group of people, and prioritize between various competing priorities. The Test Score Reporting position provides the opportunity for upward mobility in one of AIR Assessment’s management tracks. The ideal candidate will be one who is keen on this career path and wants to be part of AIR assessment as it grows and attempts to improve education and testing across the country.
The Score Reporting Project Manager plays an important role in managing the day to day score reporting operations. The Project Manager must understand the reporting system (software and databases) as well as the processes for producing paper score reports, and the policies and nuances of the testing program they are working on. He or she will be responsible for the successful deployment of online reports, correct and timely delivery of paper reports, and for the maintenance of the reports after deployment. The Score Reporting Project Manager is responsible for working with clients regarding reporting under the supervision of the Director of Reporting.
Day to day tasks include:
1. Developing and maintaining a reporting schedule for the project or projects assigned to;
2. Writing requirements and/or specifications for new features of reports;
3. Developing wireframes and mockups to illustrate new features and proposed new designs;
4. Managing the design, production and distribution of paper score reports
5. Managing developers and designers to implement updates;
6. Managing internal teams to produce layouts, etc. to ensure smooth data handoffs;
7. Writing test cases to ensure all changes are correctly implemented;
8. Conducting rigorous quality assurance checks on paper and online reports before reports are released
9. Developing training and communication documents on paper and online reports;
10. Working with clients and end-users to address complex questions regarding paper and online reports and data;
11. Coordinating troubleshooting efforts between teams to understand and resolve complex issues
12. Attending all client meetings and leading the discussion regarding paper and online reports
13. Conducting trainings via webinar and face-to-face on the online reporting system and paper reports for clients and end-users
- MPA/MBA or Masters in education or a related field with 2 years of experience working in a professional office environment OR a BA/BS in computer science or information technology or economics with at least 4 years of experience;
- Prior data analysis or reporting experience;
- Ability to learn new computer systems quickly;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
American Institutes for Research - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...