RootMetrics is seeking a driver and data collector, responsible for architecting and implementing an automated test strategy for our current and new-generation Root Mobile and Root Coverage products.
Responsibilities include traveling to cities throughout the U.S. to conduct extensive drive tests in order to measure the quality of service provided by cellular carriers; preparing routing and mapping plans for each city; remotely monitoring driver and mobile phone activity; and providing technical assistance when needed.
A small organization mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude is required as are good communication skills, with a work style that is collaborative. If you have a U.S. driver’s license, a good driving record, and are willing to travel domestically, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Following GPS-provided driving directions, drives for approximately 8 hours a day for up to 7 consecutive days within an assigned city
- Develops market plans for drive schedule, indoor site selection and specific data
- Remotely monitors drivers and mobile phone kits to ensure data acquisition continues without interruption
- Provides technical troubleshooting to drivers for issues as they arise
- Configures mobile phones and prepares mobile phone kits for shipment
- Performs other duties as required
Required Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 7 years automotive driving experience in the U.S.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and associated software applications
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be 25 or older (for rental car purposes) with a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Good skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Well versed in the use of smart phones and mobile phone technology
- Good driving record for past 5 years; Department of Motor Vehicles report will be required
- Dependable, trustworthy, good attention to detail, organized and efficient
- Maintains professional conduct at all times while representing the company, whether internally, with vendors, or to the general public
- Ability to drive up to 8 hours a day for 7 consecutive days
- Ability to carry cell phone equipment and walk for extended periods of time 4 to 8 times per day both indoor and outdoor
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to travel domestically for 9 to 12 days at a time
RootMetrics - 2 years ago