Job Posting |
The Screening Coordinator will:
• Read protocol for assigned studies to determine what screening procedures are necessary to determine participant qualification as well as to understand the Inclusion and Exclusion criteria for the study.
• Work with Project/Study Manager and Screening/Recruitment Supervisor to arrange any special screening procedures that may be necessary for the study.
• Ensure that recruiting questionnaire is accurate in helping to determine eligibility of study participants.
• Prepare and organize all necessary materials for participant screening and physical exams including, medical history packets, Informed Consent packets, participant calendars and any other necessary documents and/or forms required for the study.
• Assist with obtaining informed consent and medical history from screening volunteers
• Ensure that all necessary screening tasks have been performed including height, weight, frame size, venipuncture, vital signs, electorcardiograms, spirometry and simple laboratory procedures as needed and required per the study protocol.
• Review screening charts for accuracy and completeness.
• Print and file laboratory work.
• Create call list of participants requiring repeat laboratory work and other screening procedures.
• Prepare screening charts for Project/Study Manager and Physician review.
• Maintain the status of study subjects in the database.
• May be responsible for covering Screening Reception, which may include the payment of attendance payments to volunteers.
• May liase with Clinical Operations, Study Managers and Resources to coordinate the screening scheduling system in order to meet deadlines on volunteer screening and panel selection.
• Proactively coordinate screening resource to correspond with the daily volunteer appointment register. To provide support and assistance to the Screening Receptionist with updating and maintaining the daily activity of volunteers against screening resource.
• May produce weekly staff duty rota, liasing with Resources to achieve optimum time management utilizing the full potential of both clinical Operations and Screening department staff.
• May assist with training of screening staff
• Bachelor’s degree, or MA certification and 2 years related experience.
• 1 year experience in a medical clerical role.
• Additional experience may be substituted for education requirements.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...