o Business/e-Business Strategy
- Manage a large scale project (at least 10 people) or multiple projects within one client
- Create a project charter on the project and identify project scope, critical success factors, risks, etc.
- Manage the project work plan and hold the team leads and project managers accountable to variances in budget and hours
- Understand risk mitigation techniques an how to apply it to the project
- Resolve staffing issues, make sure invoices are delivered to the client and paid in a timely fashion
- Thorough understanding of SunGard Consulting Services’ delivery methodologies and have the ability to speak to client personnel about them
- Demonstrate ability to develop a client relationship within your current client and extend that relationship into other areas
- Research opportunities for new work within the existing client
- Participate in the finding and selling of $1-2 million dollars in revenue per year through attending trade shows, working on a pursuit team, speaking with potential clients, etc.
- Lead a pursuit team from initial contact through closing of the deal
- Have a thorough understanding of estimation, letters of agreement, master service agreements, staffing model, average bill rates and cost structure by level
- Have demonstrated a detailed knowledge of and/or the ability to lead in the following concepts/skills:
o Build a business plan
o Creative problem solving techniques
o Effective facilitation techniques
o Training techniques
o Process Mapping (current and future state)
o Development of data flow diagrams (current and future state)
o Communication strategies
o Performance metrics, scorecards, dashboards
- Typically 10-12 years of experience in a consulting firm organization
- Ideal candidate will possess a strong and very established track record in delivery of technology solutions for large, complex, long-term engagements (2+ years and $1+ million in contract value).
- Ideal candidate will have a background in Financial Services or Energy.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, particularly with highly diverse teams.
- Deep knowledge of Information Systems/Business Consulting Methodologies.
- Developed Senior Executive Presence – Possess an interest and passion towards engaging the imagination of Senior Level (i.e. CEO, CIO, COO) executives in grasping and enabling the fundamentals of business change through consulting solutions.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills.
- Network of contacts and relationships.
- Creative, enthusiastic and able to thrive in a team environment.
As part of the drive to develop the capability of the IT organisation in the front office, we are looking for an experienced Front Office technologist to help create the next generation of trading, analysis and quant tools. This role includes leading a team with line management responsibilities, subject to candidate suitability and business growth.
This role reports to the Global Head of Oil Front Office Technology, based in London.
SunGard is one of the world's leading software and technology services companies. SunGard has more than 20,000 employees and serves more than 25,000 customers in more than 70 countries. SunGard provides software and processing solutions for financial services, higher education and the public sector. SunGard also provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With annual revenue of approximately $5 billion, SunGard is ranked 434 on the Fortune 500 and is the largest privately held business software and IT services company. Look for us wherever the mission is critical. For more information, please visit www.sungard.com.
- Be a multi-skilled technologist who will deliver value to the business by writing code, installing and configuring vendor systems, diagnosing and fixing problems and anything and everything that is required to support the front office users
- Lead a business facing development team to deliver new solutions to the Oil Front Office.
- Work with other developers, Business Analysts and testers as part of the wider Global Oil Information Technology and Services organisation.
- Contribute to analysis, design and development of systems, business processes, data and interfaces.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Create and lead a world class team of technologists in Chicago
- Not applicable
- Exceptional development skills in two or more of Java, .NET, C++
- Ability and willingness to pick up and use any technology that is necessary to get the job done – everything from J2EE, C#/.NET to VBA and Python. The candidate doesn’t have to have experience in every technology, but must be prepared to tackle problems in any technology.
- Team leading experience
- Experience of working closely with Traders, Sales People and other Front Office business staff
- Strong business knowledge in Finance or Oil trading with understanding of products and derivatives.
- Experience of Agile SDLCs
- Application Architecture – can design multi-tiered applications, services. Knows what a good design is not just what a design pattern is. In depth knowledge of Dependency Injection/Inversion of Control and Test Driven Development, and clear understanding of modern GUI framework architecture (MVC/MVP/MVVM/MVPVM)
- Good understanding of integration technologies eg TIBCO EMS, Web Services, JSON,REST, Socket Communications
- Scripting, eg python, power shell, Bash
- Strong understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures and multi-threaded programme design
- Good quantitative skills, with understanding of common derivative instruments, and the methods used to price them.
- Experience of Cruise Control/Buildforge/Hudson or other continuous integration tools.
- Experience of development in C/C++, ideally using STL and BOOST libraries
- Familiarity with Excel including macros and VBA.
SunGard Global Consulting Services helps financial services and energy companies solve business problems by managing their complex technology and operational needs. Focused on large scale data and process management, custom application development and systems integration; we combine business and technology consulting and managed services to deliver innovative custom solutions. We help our customers capitalize on and manage the consequences of business, technology and regulatory change. For more information, visit us at www.sungard.com/globalservices/learnmore.
Capitalize on Change
In speaking to our customers, we hear three universal business challenges that need to be addressed in an ever-changing financial services landscape: delivering transparency to internal and external stakeholders, increasing efficiency for cost management and leveraging networks for growth. Please join the conversation at www.sungard.com/ten .
SunGard - 12 months ago