Named Oregon's Best Software Company 2012 by TechAmerica, Viewpoint Construction Software has a long-standing focus on meeting the information needs of construction companies. Having achieved a leadership position in construction-specific ERP and ECM software, Coaxis is experiencing continuous rapid growth both domestically and internationally. With this growth, we have recently expanded our Development Department to include a new Scrum Master . This new position is an opportunity to be a part of a team that makes a difference on a day-to-day basis.
We are a team of developers, QA technicians, QA engineers, and product managers who are looking for someone to help us get better at what we do. We are good at the basics of agile software development but can always use new ideas about how and where to improve. We are less concerned about what it is called (Scrum/Kanban) and much more excited about results, whether that means moving towards continuous deployment, using ATDD, or seeing our active users grow.
You are someone who leads by example rather than by dictate and you know how to bring out the best in people. You are not afraid to deal with conflicts. You know when it is good to say “No” and when to push for more results.
In addition, we are looking for someone to act as a galvanizing force for our wider team in terms of sharing Agile knowledge across the company.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop agile based SDLC for new software development organization creating necessary standards, tools and best practices in a clearly document form.
Participate and support initial development pilots during the initial phases of the project. This may include the following:
Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum -related meeting
Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
Maintain process documentation
Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
Support the development managers and project leads as necessary
Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
Empower the teams to self-organize
Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible
Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable
Participate in the organization and planning of the development schedule based on methodology that has been developed to create a cohesive plan with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the agreed project plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
Adapting project plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout pilot projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to learn and adapt to Viewpoint coding standards.
- Effectively applies broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent software development; project management; and technical, business, and professional issues.
- Visualizes complex processes to identify and analyze key issues and recommend quality solutions. Able to participate in development of project estimates, decision analysis, and project schedules.
· Bachelor's degree or combination of relevant education and experience
· Must be a Certified Scrum Master
· At least 3 years’ experience working in an agile environment, preferably in a variety of situations
· Excellent team player and team builder
· Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
· Multiple years’ experience working within an agile methodology during a large scale, complex projects with tight deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
· Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
· Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
· Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
· Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
· Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
· Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
· Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
· Must be collaborative in driving decisions
· Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
· Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear performance standards, resolve performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
· Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership) Team Leadership (Coaching Others, Dealing with Stress, Demonstrating Teamwork, Influencing Others, Interacting with Others, Maintaining Composure, Motivating Others, Providing Direction and Leadership)
· Having been a Product Manager, Product Owner, or Developer a plus
· Experience working with ERP software and/or Construction Industry related projects
· Experience with Test Driven Development
· Experience with Domain Driven Designs
· Experience with Performance Profiling
· Experience with SaaS applications
· Knowledge of construction industry accounting or project management principles and practices.