The ideal Scrum Master is a real team player and a coach, who receive as much satisfaction from facilitating others’ success as their own. They must enjoy being responsible for achieving results as a servant leader. They must also be comfortable working collaboratively with the Product Owner and Team to deliver success.
- Leading and demonstrating value-add principles to a team.
- Ensuring team can feel the shadow of the future by reinforcing the business value of their deliverables
- Facilitating release and sprint planning; stand –ups, retrospectives and sprint demos
- Removing impediments/barriers that obstruct a team’s pursuit of its sprint goal without removing the team’s responsibility to their own barriers.
- Coaching the team to proactively anticipate and remove barriers so they can fully realize self-organization
- Mediating and/or escalating issues not resolvable within the team
- Ensuring external processes and dependencies are understood and followed where applicable and ensuring the scrum process is followed.
- Promoting Agile principles and utilization to deliver tangible results each sprint or release.
- Utilizing and analyzing relevant metrics to monitor performance and foster awareness within the team
- Protecting team from external de-railers and impediments
- Communicating status, risks, barriers to relevant stakeholders
- Mentoring team members on agile software development principles and practices
- Supporting Team building and Team development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a feedback culture.
- The Scrum Master’s will also perform the HR duties for the team. In other words, the teams will be fixed for the most part. Therefore, they will report directly to the Scrum Masters from the point of view of all HR related concerns such as salary, vacation, training, etc. The Scrum Masters should use feedback from product owners during MAX reviews in order to provide the team members with a well-rounded set of feedback.
(These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for the job)
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In depth knowledge of software development methods in particular Scrum and Behavior-Driven Development techniques
- Basic knowledge of the DDI product lines
- Must have worked as a member of or led an agile development team.
- Ability to build productive collaborative internal relationships
- Sets high standards of performance for self and team
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Continual improvement - Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Attitude of empowerment - Must be able to lead a team to self-organization. Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency about development and grow trust
- Facilitate the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems/issues. Generates different and novel ways to deal with work problems/opportunities.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition
- Basic knowledge of .NET framework
- Working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Master’s Degree in CS or related technology
- 5-8 years’ experience working with MS Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server for source control and bug tracking
- 5-8 years’ experience in working in an agile environment, prefer knowledge of SCRUM practices (entry)
- 3-5 years’ experience in working in a BDD environment
- In depth knowledge of multiple DDI solutions and their application to meet customer needs.
Development Dimensions International, Inc. - 16 months ago