Senior Agile Leader/ Senior Scrum Master
We are a dedicated global team of analysts, software engineers, and quality assurance professionals who are looking for exceptional leaders. We have executive commitment and are transforming ourselves into a world-class agile development shop. You are someone who is a servant leader and who serves as an amplifier to your team. You are more an “un-blocker” and less a “status taker”. You are comfortable leading smart people and understand how to galvanize them (in both head and heart) in order to deliver world-class cloud solutions. This is a newly created role and a very exciting time to be working for this client.
Are you passionate about driving agile teams? Are you interested in working with top talent, making a real difference, and significantly contributing to the business? Then come explore the role of Scrum Master with us.
• Act as a Scrum master for 1-2 agile teams.
• Facilitate iteration planning, lead work within individual sprints, and coordinate retrospectives and demos.
• Assist key business users (product owners) with backlog creation and grooming.
• Ensure cross functional coordination (analysts, developers, and testers) is occurring early and often. Lead daily stand-ups, resolve conflict, and be an “un-blocker” for your team(s).
• Maintain and publish agile metrics (e.g. velocity and burn-down).
• Coach, mentor, and evangelize agile best practices across the organization.
• Act as a traditional project manager when necessary (e.g. manage external dependencies with outside teams – may be internal or external).
• Strengthen the presence of our department as an Agile Center of Excellence.
• Strong professional experience and a proven understanding with iterative development, incremental software delivery, and the “why” behind it.
• Demonstrated knowledge with the principles behind emergent requirements.
• Having wide-ranging experience, knowledge, and belief in agile principles alongside strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent understanding of agile metrics (e.g. how to build a burn-down, track velocity, backlog tracking, and task definition).
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge with a solid understanding of project management fundamentals (time/scope/cost).
• Expertise in making continuous improvement changes, especially as it relates to software development.
• Demonstrated knowledge of test driven development and the virtues of unit testing.
• Proven ability as a servant leader with excellent communication (verbal and written) and social skills.
• Exceptional facilitative skills, must be able to lead and demonstrate value add principles with transparency (e.g. desire to bring disclosure and grow trust).
• Proven ability to be situationally aware with an understanding when to listen and when to be assertive. Must be able to resolve conflict with professionalism and a win-win attitude.
• Proven ability to lead teams to self-organization and working independently with limited supervision.
• Ideally has come from a development background with 10 plus years of experience (industry agnostic).
• Enthusiastic and fun individual with an attitude of team empowerment.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new things and doing things better.
• 4 year bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical discipline
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, prescription drug coverage
Advantage Consulting, Inc. is a premier St. Louis, MO based, IT staffing solutions provider. We can partner with you to find the right job for your career objectives. Whether you are looking for contract work or a long-term home, we will help you make the right move. Be part of a winning team! Employees can take Advantage of the ongoing professional IT training! Our customers also enjoy the benefit of knowing that our consultants are the best! Advantage Consulting, Inc. provides quality IT professionals to our customers such as Developers (Java, C++, .Net, etc.), Business Analysts, Database Administrators, Project Managers, Quality Assurance, Testers, System Administrators, Network Administrators, Technical Writers, Helpdesk Support, and many more. Visit us on the web at www.stladvantage.com
Object Computing Inc. - 20 months ago