Artist/Designer is seeking a part time seamstress and/or fashion designer with a great understanding of pattern making and different scarf finishes. This part time job will include pattern making as well as the ability to understand directions and to follow through with requested designs for the garment prototypes.
The Starry style is whimsical, surreal and inspired by Japanese and Chinese prints and textiles. These prototypes will be shown in conjunction with an art show based on Starry prints via runway during a pop up show in Tribeca. This is a really exciting development which may lead to other projects if candidate meets requirements and fits in with the Starry concept and philosophy.
I am looking for someone to start part time for the initial prototypes.
List of Requirements:
Please send resume and cover letter along with photos/links of garment samples.
- Must be able to take direction very well.
- Ideal candidate is ambitious and open minded.
- Must own or have access to sewing machine.
- Must have at least 4 years experience with sewing, pref in womenswear.
- Candidate will be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Candidate will be able to handle quick turn around.
- Ability to create garment CADS is a plus but not a requirement.
Compensation: $10.00 an hour
BarefootStudent.com - 17 months ago