Search processes billions of queries for millions of products on Walmart sites and apps worldwide. Whenever a user types in a query or browses through product categories on the web site, phone or the iPad, our service goes to work. We mine structured and semi-structured data from product catalogs, social web, transactions, query logs, etc. at an unprecedented scale. We work on big data problems, cutting edge relevance algorithms from information retrieval, machine learning, and ranking to deliver a high-availability, low-latency service, which directly impacts business metrics.
• help invent the next generation of ecommerce; integrated experiences that leverage the store, the web and mobile, with social identity being the glue
• work with world-class technologists and product visionaries as a contributing member of the @WalmartLabs core engineering team
• work with Ruby, RoR, Java and other related technologies to design and develop high-performance and scalable applications for use within the @WalmartLabs product ecosystem
• help the team leverage and contribute to open source software whenever possible (Cassandra, Gearman, Hadoop, etc.)
• be responsible for laying the foundation for the platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development, monitoring of software, etc.
• be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
The Desired Skill-Sets:
• a BA/BS from a top school in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
• programming experience in Ruby, RoR, Java or Python
• experience with Linux systems programming is a plus
• experience in distributed/scalable systems is a plus
• knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code is a plus
• ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
• the eagerness to change the world in a huge way by being a self-motivated learner and builder
If you are interested in truly making a global impact as the newest member of the @WalmartLabs team, please follow the link below and APPLY NOW. Opportunity awaits!!!
Walmartlabs - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard