As a Search Architect on our mobile/local search team, you will have responsibility for designing and implementing innovative algorithms and systems for large scale information retrieval challenges. Our goal is to take Telenav’s search capabilities to the next level by marrying unique local content to social and behavioral data to produce the best local search and discovery solution on the market! For Telenav, Search isn’t “just a search box” – it’s a unique experience that marries traditional search to personalized recommendations, social signals and key information proactively surfaced before you ever thought to search for it! Join us in shaping a new path in local search!
In this role, you will be charged with creating, leading, designing and implementing the technical vision for innovative search products and services. Development of this search engine will test all of your abilities - algorithms, data structures, working with massive data sets, dynamic data and supporting massive parallelism, all taking advantage of our unique location-based context.
We're looking for engineering talent with passion, pragmatism and a commitment to excellence and innovation. Join Telenav's world-class search team and help us create something truly unique!
- 7+ years of direct hands-on design and development experience in Java, J2EE is a must.
- 2+ years of development with Search technologies e.g SOLR, Lucene etc.
- Expert in architecture and design skills - object oriented methodologies, UML modeling, design patterns, systems analysis.
- Proven experience in building large-scale, massive distributed, cloud-based, extremely high volume mission-critical applications and systems.
- Experience in defining clean, crystal clear interfaces/API using WebService Technology (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc).
- Experience in machine learning algorithms, data mining, big data, Hadoop/Map Reduce is a huge plus.
- Interest in indexing technologies, query languages, query processing, query optimization, concurrency.
- Comprehensive understanding of different business domains – internet search, online advertising, mobile applications.
- Superior communication skills in writing technical documentation and communicating designs.
- Proven ability to mentor engineers, influence engineering peers and management.
Telenav - 2 years ago
Our mission is simple: help make people’s lives less stressful, more productive and more fun when they are on the go. Our personalized...