Experience of a Lifetime. More than just our mission, these words describe our unique and iconic resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work at RockResorts/Vail Resorts ("RR/VR") is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
The SEO Manager, within the Digital Marketing Team, is responsible for initiating and managing the optimization of Vail Resorts websites including Snow.com, Vail.com, Breckenridge.com, BeaverCreek.com, KeystoneResort.com, SkiHeavenly.com, NorthstarCalifornia.com, Kirkwood.com and others. This position will support all SEO initiatives to improve organic traffic for Vail Resorts domains. The SEO Manager will be an expert in search engine optimization, digital analytics, reporting and data interpretation, presenting and training.
- Serve as an in-house SEO expert to internal customers and brand managers
- Develop and maintain SEO strategy and project plan; identify and prioritize SEO projects for development
- Identify, lead, and prioritize content needs and content improvements
- Work with 3rd party vendors on SEO Strategy and other projects
- Train and work with content creators, brand managers, social-media teams, and other stakeholders to make sure SEO best practices are being adhered to on all customer-facing marketing messages or relevant landing pages
- Initiate and lead SEO expertise to product plans including site redesigns, product enhancements, and new site features (requirement building and testing)
- Develop, maintain, track, and report the present the success of SEO initiatives, organic rankings, and KPI (key performance indicators)
- Stay on top of current search engine news, trends, SEO best practices, and emerging items of interest and share these with the rest of the team
- Participation in creating white papers, POV's, blog posts, or industry thought leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 to 5 years experience working in search engine optimization with experience in web production, marketing and or development
- Proven track record of successful SEO strategy and implementation.
- Experience with keyword search, ranking, and analysis tools
- Familiarity with online SEO resources, tools, blogs, forums and professional organizations
- Experience with technical aspects of SEO from optimal site architecture to proper coding of HTML and CSS
- Strong analytics background and strong working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working in content management systems (CMS)
- Experience with Google Analytics reporting suite
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with experience writing optimized web page content, META titles and descriptions
- Experience with Omniture analytics reporting suite
- Experience developing inspirational web copy for travel websites
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...