As a Search Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for building the innovative search platform used to power Shutterstock’s best-in-class image and video search engine. You will continually strive to improve and simplify the search infrastructure, and will apply your love of tackling challenging problems to innovate on core search areas such as indexing, query execution, spell checking, auto-correction, etc. You will design and code massively scalable services to provide a continually improving search experience, and your work will be seen by millions of customers daily.
- Passionate about writing and maintaining high-quality software that solves real-world meaningful problems at scale.
- Experience writing large scalable applications
- Experience deep diving and solving complex issues in a distributed system.
- Enjoy optimizing system performance of a large distributed system.
- Able to shepherd projects from prototype stage into production
- Fluent in a few programming languages, dynamic and static
- Experience with JVM languages like Java or Scala
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of development experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig, HBase, Hive or related technologies a plus
- Experience with Solr/ElasticSearch and Lucene a plus.
- Open source experience a plus
Shutterstock - 8 months ago