Business Unit: Crop Protection & Seed, Eldora IA
Reports To: Eldora Hub Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Summary: Operates yard tractor trailer combination, forklift, light truck or pickup to transport Crop Protection products, in packaged or bulk form, to and from specified destinations within the Hub.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
- Responsible for product movement at the Eldora Hub.
- Assists the overall operations areas in Eldora as needed including; adjuvant repack, adjuvant bulk production, annex, south warehouse and terminal.
- Performs physical count of products loaded and unloaded; notifies manager of discrepancies.
- Loads and unloads trucks using forklift, or pallet jack.
- Assists in securing, water proofing, and placarding all loads on a “need be” basis
- Maintains a safe and clean truck, warehouse, property grounds, and office area, to insure OSHA/DOT regulations and company policies are in compliance; reports any findings to Manager
- Creates and retains various bills of ladings and delivery/transfer tickets required for product transportation.
- Other duties that may be assigned by other departments and managers as needed
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Customer Service –Demonstrates an affirmative customer-service focus at all times, maintaining a positive working relationship with customers, dealer-members, prospective customers, co-workers, and the public; Respond promptly to customer needs for service and assistance; Meet commitments; Be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Ability to deal with problems involving delivery or pick up situations; Apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
Professionalism - Present positive impression of the company; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Treat people with respect and consideration; Inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity, honesty, and ethically; Uphold organizational goals and values; Accept responsibility for own actions; Listen to instruction and get clarification; Reacts well under pressure; Uses reason and keeps emotions under control; Be able to read and interpret written information.
Safety and Security - Observe and follow policy, safety and security procedures; Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – Must be 21 years of age. Experience with warehouse organization and forklift preferred.
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Training Requirements - Receive required training for programs such as hazardous materials, first aid awareness, forklift/loader, etc. (See Company Guideline Requirements.)
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications – Must possess valid state driver’s license; Driving record must meet company and insurance carrier's policy guidelines. Must understand DOT placarding and DOT Hazardous rules; Able to operate a forklift; Mechanical skills needed to perform minor maintenance tasks on forklift, building, and property. Must be able to cope with stressful situations and be tolerant of long, irregular working hours, including weekends, during peak busy seasons.
United Suppliers - 18 months ago