This temporary position performs general labor to supplement the non-seasonal Town workforce to ensure town streets, right-of-ways, park grounds and facilities are maintained. Position will be required to work some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
Examples of Duties:
- Assist in curb and street repairs, asphalt and concrete work, etc.
- Trim trees and bushes along town roadways
- Pick up debris/trash along right-of-ways
- Maintain existing public open space areas, empty trash cans, etc.
- Assist in maintaining park managed facilities, athletic fields, irrigation systems and public playgrounds
- Clear brush, pull weed, rake, dig and perform miscellaneous gardening duties in and around municipal facilities and grounds
- Clean public restrooms at various town parks and buildings
- Mowing and weed trimming
- Assist on sanitary/storm sewer cleaning equipment
- Set up of tables, chairs, equipment, etc. for special events
- Clean shop and equipment as necessary
Minimum 16 years old; ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 lbs; ability to climb ladders and maintain balance; ability to interact and communicate effectively with a variety of people; able to handle several projects at the same time.
This seasonal position is expected to last until the start of November.