Under supervision of the assigned crew leader, performs seasonal duties related to maintenance as assigned. This is a seasonal position during the summer months of May/June through August.
Examples of Duties:
• Operates weedeaters and lawn mowers to perform mowing operations and brush removal in City right-of-way, parks and other locations.
• May assist other departments in the repair of streets, water and wastewater lines and street signs.
• Uses picks, shovels, brooms, hand saws, wrenches, ropes, chains, tape measurers, oil, lubricants, fuel, paint, wire brushes and various other hand tools.
• Perform as a responsible steward of the public trust and strive for excellence in public service, enhancing the quality of life for all.
• Act in a civil, respectful manner at all times to management, co-workers and others.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must be familiar with operation and minor maintenance of the equipment and have the ability to perform routine maintenance as requested. Work in all types of weather conditions.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH REQUIRED:
MODERATE: Exerting 20-50 pounds occasionally, 10-25 pounds frequently, or up to 10 pounds constantly.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED:
Standing, Sitting, Walking, Lifting, Carrying, Pushing/Pulling, Reaching, Handling, Fine Dexterity, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Bending, Twisting, Climbing, Balancing, Vision, Hearing, Talking, Foot Controls, Driving, Shoveling, Sweeping, Digging.
Must have the ability to effectively interact with all levels of co-workers, management staff, citizens and the public. Ability to work overtime as needed. Ability to maintain an acceptable attendance history.
High School diploma or equivalent, or currently enrolled in high school or college. Must have a valid Texas driver’s license. Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening test, physical and criminal background check.