Performs work under supervision to assist with the operation of the Pro Shop
1. Keeps shop clean and neat on a daily basis. Dusts, vacuums, cleans restrooms, cleans windows, and other duties as assigned.
2. Operates computer cash register for all items pertaining to Pro Shop operations.
3. Sells merchandise and rearranges merchandise.
4. Promotes coming events and Pro Shop sales.
5. Explains course policies and procedures along with the GPS functions and details.
6. Collects green fees and cart fees, ensures that the customer has signed the cart form before issuing a cart key. Explains to customer the proper cart rules for the day.
7. Takes tee times and works with the starter to keep tee times updated. Monitors GPS base computer to ensure proper pace of play is being maintained and responds to any issues or emergencies.
8. Assists with inventory as needed.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Standards For Initial Consideration:
High school education or GED. Knowledge of golf course rules required.
Previous experience in retail sales, marketing and/or management helpful.
Ability to positively communicate course policies and procedures to the general public.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with Supervisor, co-worker and Conservation Department staff.
Ability to effectively convey information and effectively handle complaints from the public and other County employees.
Ability to develop working knowledge and operate equipment in pro shop, concessions and cart areas.
Ability to complete simple cash transactions.
Ability to exemplify, by his/her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.