Nestle Waters North America (NWNA) is currently seeking applicants for Seasonal Production and Forklift Operator assignments to be located in our Denver facility. These temporary roles are needed beginning immediately and will end around September, 2013, depending on customer demand. Shift openings vary but are generally 12 hours in length. This role pays $15.50 per hour. This is a set wage and not negotiable.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Key qualifications include:
- Operating, troubleshooting, conducting basic and preventative maintenance and performing changeovers on various bottling line and palletizing equipment
- Safely operating a forklift to accurately and efficiently movement all finished product from production to the warehouse or onto trucks for shipment to customers
- Ensure the safety of self and others during all work activities
- Inspects full goods and raw materials, conduct hourly quality checks , complete online data entry and documentation for production and downtime tracking, analyzing data as needed and ensuring quality product is sent to customers
- Meet or exceed department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Working effectively with peers as a team to support production goals and customer deliveries
- Load raw materials and remove dunnage from production equipment
- Accurately execute loading/unloading from pick tickets and line loading trailers when possible
- Perform accurate bin transactions and inventory movements per SOPs
- Work with Planning, Quality and Logistics to maximize results and efficiency
- Comply with plant sanitation standards and keep work area clean
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives
- Operate Windows based computer system · Perform other responsibilities as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working in production in manufacturing or prior forklift or heavy equipment experience preferred
- Exposure to high speed production, clean manufacturing or basic maintenance strongly desired
- Exposure to warehouse inventory scanners and basic equipment maintenance desired
- Ability to work self directed and with a team
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with experience working in a team based environment
- Ability to interact with various internal contacts to manage the flow of work
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft applications, SAP experience a plus
- Focus on safe work practices and high quality while executing duties with a sense of urgency
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand on your feet for long periods of time throughout the day or get off and on a forklift frequently throughout the day
- Able to sit for long periods of time and drive backwards as needed
Seasonal assignments offer you the opportunity to test the waters and determine if this is the right job and company for you while offering you valuable work experience at a leading food & beverage manufacturer. We offer a competitive wage and consideration for full-time roles if opportunities exist at the end of the assignment. Individuals in temporary assignments are not eligible for the standard benefits package (i.e. medical, dental, vision, etc.).
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be willing to accept seasonal/temporary assignment
- Able and willing to work 12 hour shifts including the potential for nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to successfully complete a post-offer pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
Nestle Waters North America (NWNA) is the largest bottled water company in the United States , distributing 7 of the top 10 brands in North America. We have the #1 national brand, Nestle Pure Life, and many of the nation's strongest regional brands, including Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park , Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain. We also have the strength of Nestle, the world's largest food company, behind us.
Putting safety and quality first as we deliver the right product, to the right customer, on time, every time is what we do every day in Supply Chain. Our competitive differentiator is our people who make it happen! Our Supply Chain organization is recognized as best in class in safety, quality, production, packaging, labor, warehouse productivity, payload, and order fill rate. We also lead the way in sustainability with the smallest environmental footprint in the beverage category. As we pursue Total Performance Management TPM, we expect to further enable our people to drive excellence in all areas!
For company news and information, please visit www.nestlewatersnorthamerica.com .
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nestlé Waters North America
- 2 years ago - save job
As the nation’s largest bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is behind many of the leading domestic and imported...