This temporary position assists year-round recreation staff in organizing, and leading recreational activities and events for all age groups for a specific season ( example. summer, winter/spring breaks) as needed by the Department. Work includes providing enjoyable programs, while ensuring the safe conditions of all patrons, facilities, and equipment, by adhering to all safety rules. Work involves the adapting of programs to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of all patrons. This temporary position also performs varied record keeping duties such as, but not limited to, attendance, field trips and sign in/out logs. Work is evaluated and reviewed through observation, review of written reports, and appraisal of the acceptance accorded to the work.
Illustrative Examples of Essential Duties:
· Assists year round recreation staff in organizing, and leading diversified recreational and social activities, in assigned areas, for all age groups.
· Conducts diversified recreational activities which may include but is not limited to: music, dance, arts and crafts, cultural events, swimming, athletics, games, fitness and programs for all ages and abilities.
· Reports complaints to supervisors and responds to inquiries from the public.
· Inspects facilities, grounds, equipment, and supplies to recommend necessary repairs or replacement.
· Performs facility maintenance and/or janitorial work as needed (both indoor and outdoor) including but not limited to: litter control, sweeping, and hosing down a facility as applicable.
· Sets up rooms for recreational activities; checks equipment for safety; performs minor repairs and maintenance.
· May assist in the preparation of activity and attendance reports as needed.
· Assists in creation of displays and advertisements for events.
· Adheres to all check lists, policies and procedures.
· Prepares field for various organized games.
· Provides excellent customer service.
· Executes the City and Departmental Mission Statements.
· Enforces safety and program/facility rules and regulations.
· Administers basic first aid.
· Compiles and maintains necessary records and receipts.
· Advises the public regarding available activities.
· Issues supplies and equipment to program participants.
· Performs related work as required.
· Two (2) months full-time paid experience or similar length experience as a volunteer leading or teaching group recreational or educational activities
· OR Equivalent combination of training and experience beyond high school or its equivalent.
· OR Completed one course from an accredited college or university in education, physical education, recreation, art, psychology, health, music, theater, or equivalent.
· Shift work may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Valid Florida Identification
City of Miami Beach, FL - 23 months ago