The City of Louisville is now accepting applications for a part-time Seasonal YOUTH TENNIS INSTRUCTOR. This position is primarily responsible for instructing children in various tennis activities. Class age range is children between 4 to7 years old and another class of 8 to 10 year olds. A great opportunity for someone who enjoys tennis and working with school-aged children outside in the summer. This position will work within our Recreation Department as part of our Sports Activity group.
Spring Season runs from April 1st to June 6th . This is a part-time, seasonal position.
Must be available to work:
April 1st - May 30th: Mon & Wed 3:45pm - 5:45pm
(possibly Tues & Thurs 3:45pm - 5:45pm if Hot Shots class fills)
June 3rd to June 6th: 8:45am - 11:00am, Monday -Thursday.
The Louisville Recreation Center continues to develop one of the best recreational programs in the state by updating the sports format for kids and adults. Encouraging participation, development of skills and enjoyment.
ONLY ON-LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
For more information please visit our website: www.louisvilleco.gov .
Examples of Duties:
- Under the direction of the youth sports supervisor, perform a variety of duties instructing or leading individuals in various tennis activities.
- Create a safe, friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all children.
- Lead children in practices and matches.
- Monitor and advise children in proper techniques.
- Create an environment of inclusion for all children and develop good sportsmanship behavior.
- Track program participation and supervise equipment usage.
- These duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Previous experience coaching tennis is required.
- Enthusiasm for tennis and ability to teach children.
- Ability to teach and demonstrate tennis skills including but not limited to: forehand, backhand, serve, and volleys.
- The ability to perform physical activities for prolonged period of time and instruct during the execution of tennis programs.
- Instruction and/or participation in sporting activities in recreational or competitive sports setting and experience in exercise and fitness programs preferred.
- Skills in leading and/or instructing group tennis in tennis lessons.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and courteous relationships with the public. Ability to communicate to parents and children.
- The ability to maintain simple records and to understand and carry out oral and written instruction.
- Must be able to work outside in various weather climates.
SPECIAL LICENSE, REGISTRATION, OR CERTIFICATE REQUIRED :
CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
Must be able to simulate athletic movements necessary to coach sports.
Must be able to run, see, hear, and effectively communicate to sports participants.
The position includes pushing, pulling, rolling, and lifting ball carts up to 40lbs as needed.
Position involves long periods of standing and moving.
Selected candidates may be required to complete a physical exam, drug screen and background investigation.
Frequent exposure to noise levels that may cause distractions. Work is performed in an outdoor environment, inclement weather conditions, which include heat, rain, wind and sun.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
City of Louisville, CO - 17 months ago