Under the direction of the Youth Program Supervisor, the Seasonal Youth Counselor is responsible for the supervision and control of all youth and teen activities as it relates to the Passenger Programs and Entertainment Department
• 2 yrs experience recreation ages 2-17 required.
• Extrovert, quick and critical thinker, witty, personable, and articulate. Must be service oriented and have the ability to take direction.
• Although not an absolute prerequisite, prefer proficiency in ability to read, write and effectively communicate in one language in addition to English.
• CPR/First-Aid certifications valid for one year
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• As a member of the cruise staff, the seasonal youth/teen counselor is responsible to assist in discharging any of the scheduled social, entertainment or recreational activities, ensuring that each event takes place safely and promptly as scheduled.
• It is the responsibility of the seasonal youth/teen counselor to ensure the accuracy of all printed material that is submitted to all youth/teen guests.
• All seasonal youth/teen counselors are responsible for assisting with storage, inventory and ordering of all equipment, supplies, gifts and prizes, which are specifically utilized in the youth/teen program.
• Each seasonal youth/teen counselor must have the ability to serve as an effective Host/Hostess. Each seasonal youth/teen counselor must have the ability to work as a team member in cooperation with other cruise staff members, as well as with all other shipboard departments.
• It is the responsibility of the seasonal youth/teen counselor to be accessible to and approachable with guests. He/She must be capable of being a patient listener while making guests feel at home.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
To apply send your resume to email@example.com along with subject heading Resume: SYCNCLFALL/WINTER2011
NCL Corporation - 2 years ago