Job Status: Full-time
Location: Rogers, AR
- New Hope Branch
Approx. Hours of Work: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Salary: The person hired into this position will not automatically start at the minimum of the salary range. Progression in the salary range is based solely on performance.
Education/Training: High school diploma or its equivalent. Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field plus specific training by HUD or the equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Five years mortgage lending experience including at least two years supervisory/managerial experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: In-depth knowledge of all laws and regulations affecting mortgage lending activities. Sound knowledge of real estate construction. Ability to analyze financial statements. Ability to operate financial calculator, personal computer, and mortgage loan software. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines. Must be goal-oriented and have leadership skills in order to manage other associates.
May experience some significant work pace/pressure due to deadlines. Must have ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, procedures, regulations or government law.
Handles all information concerning customers and suppliers in strict confidence. Creates goodwill by possessing a friendly attitude and a sincere interest in helping a customer as needed. Promotes a good working environment by maintaining good relationships with co-workers. Recognizes that good judgment must be used in displaying professional conduct and a professional appearance. Solicits new business through direct contact with the public to effectively market the bank's services.
Must be able to present a friendly, professional image for Simmons First. Must possess excellent telephone and customer service skills. Highly sensitive and confidential nature of work. Must maintain punctual and regular attendance. Recognizes that good judgment must be used in displaying professional conduct and a professional appearance. Will have the opportunity to be involved in community and charitable organizations.
Position Purpose: Manages the day-to-day operations of the Secondary Market Mortgage Lending Department. Develops and maintains mortgage lending procedures and ensures compliance with regulations. Develops and recommends loan objectives, products, policies and practices. Executes business development and marketing of mortgage products to local real estate community and other potential markets. Examines, evaluates and authorizes approval of customer applications for mortgage loans. Cross-sell bank products and services.
Compliance: Develops, maintains and implements mortgage lending and loan servicing procedures; ensures that lending practices and procedures are in compliance with bank policies and current regulations of federal and state agencies and the internal and external auditors.
Ensure all departmental documents are prepared and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Complete mandatory compliance training modules as required.
Physical Activities and Requirements of this Position:
- Talking - especially where one must frequently and regularly convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Average Hearing - able to hear average or normal conversations and receiving ordinary information.
- Average Visual Abilities - average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to preapre or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength - Sedentary Work
- - sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
Working Conditions of this Position:
None. No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions, such as in a typical office.
Work is performed both inside and outside. Subject to weather.
Mental Activities and Requirements of this Position:
Reasoning Ability - Complex - ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions.
- Mathematical Ability - Simple Algebra - ability to compute discount, interest, profit and loss; commission markup and selling price; and ratio, proportion, and percentage. Able to perform very simple algebra.
- Language Ability - Complex - ability to read periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries, and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of puncutation, grammar, diction, and style. Ability to conduct training, communicate at panel discussions, and make professional presentations.