About Pixar Animation Studios:|
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL•E, Up, Cars 2 and most recently Brave. The Northern California studio has won 29 Academy Awards® and its eleven films have grossed more than $6.5 billion at the worldwide box office to date. The next film release from Disney•Pixar is Monsters University (June 21, 2013).
Summary of Position :
Provide technical and creative support to Editors and Assistant Editors.
General Duties and Responsibilities :
Background, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required at Minimum :
- Prepare video media. Deliver storyboards, import shots over network. Prepare After Effects moves and other video files. Make video masters, transcodes and dubs.
- Prepare audio media. Digitize scratch and production dialogue from recordings. Monitor recording levels. Enter logging information including clip locator information. Make audio masters and dubs.
- Attend production dialogue recording sessions. Set up video reference cameras to record actors. Log takes. Prepare preliminary music and sound effects from archived material, and insert for editing.
- Publish accurate cutlists for output.
- Deliver digital files and quicktimes internally and externally as directed.
- Catalogue and maintain a digital library by tape or file source, description, and film sequence.
- Build and maintain the studio sound effects database.
- Attend screenings. Operate screening room for some presentations.
- Perform Quality Control on file, tape and film outputs for sound and picture, sync, etc.
- Avid Film Composer daily operational maintenance.
- Prepare film media. Edge code, track key numbers, conform film reels to cut lists. Assemble sound and picture reels. QC and clean returned prints.
- Refine editorial processes, procedures, systems, and databases.
- Experience as a Production Assistant, Editorial Assistant or similar exposure to film production including post-production is required. Experience as an Assistant Editor is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Avid Media/Film Composer
- Minimum 3 years experience with Macintosh OS (mid-high level user)
- Minimum 2 years experience with video operations (e.g., signal routing, waveform/vector scopes, time code, codecs, monitor calibration)
- Minimum 1 year experience with audio engineering
- Minimum 1 year post-production film experience (e.g., film handling, coding, logging)
- Experience with After Effects, Photoshop, FileMaker, ProTools, UNIX, HTML preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to multi task and take a creative inquisitive approach to problem solving
- Willing to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and/or overtime on short notice
- Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload in a dynamic environment are required
Pixar Animation Studios keeps computer-generating hits. The company has produced about a dozen full-length animated movies, including the...