Our client is looking for a Secondary Fiber Operations Engineer to support a recycled fiber pulping facility. This position reports directly to the Pulp Technical Leader and would be involved in day to day operations optimization and capital improvements.
• Help transfer knowledge to team members and enable them to succeed.
• Create an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety performance metrics.
• Interface with the other Pulp team members to identify and address performance gaps.
Develop framework and sustainable systems to allow the department to succeed by creating long term value.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Pulp and Paper Science
• 2+ years experience in secondary fiber or pulping operations
• Ability to stay current in best practices and be a continuous learner
• Ability to work in a team-based environment
• Ability to challenge the status quo to facilitate improvement
• Ability to collaborate across roles, gather and share feedback
• Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated strong initiative
• Demonstrated critical and economic thinking skills
• Willingness to take full responsibility for personal safety and the safety of fellow team members
• Experience with reliability centered maintenance
• Experience with autonomous maintenance work systems