Genworth Financial, Home Equity Access is one of the nation’s leaders in the Reverse Mortgage industry. Our focus is to help Change the Lives of the seniors we work with. This is a growing industry and this growth leads to an exciting career opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Secondary Markets Specialist. We are looking for people who will take their roles seriously and professionally, yet still want to have fun and enjoy what they do.
Under the supervision of the Product Development Team Leader, the Secondary Markets Operations Specialist will coordinate externally with investors and broker dealers, and internally with our finance, and operations groups to ensure that all trades are delivered on time, and within agreed upon stipulations.
The Operations Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of trade delivery, including but not limited to, owning the investor selection (“Best Execution”) process, creating and sending funding requests to investors, working closely with our operations team to ensure we receive conditions, and determining final pool populations/pricing. The Operations Specialist will be expected to report out regularly (daily) on status of trade deliveries.
The Operations Specialist will also serve as backup to the Product Development Team Leader for several processes and projects.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Send “Best Execution” investor selection to Operations (daily)
• Create and send funding requests. (daily)
• Own and improve trade delivery process. (daily)
• Key contact with Ginnie Mae participation agent. (daily as needed)
• Own pool population determination. (~weekly)
• Perform pricing reconciliations upon trade settlement. (~weekly)
• Create presentations (including analytical data) and lead meetings.
• Work with Finance on trade tracking and warehouse line management.
• Backup for several other key processes.
• Project management responsibilities on key product development projects as assigned by the department leader. This could include new product development, implementation of processes for new capital market outlets, IT enhancements, and others.
• 3+ years of previous secondary markets, finance, or related experience
• 2+ years analytics and modeling experience
• Business/Economics/Finance or related degree
• Very Strong Excel skills are a must
• Proficiency with PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Facilitative/collaborative style and able to work well across organizational and geographical boundaries
• Strong analytical and modeling skills
• Very strong financial/business/operational acumen
• Well organized / Good planning skills
• Project management experience a plus
• Mortgage or reverse mortgage industry experience a plus
• Ginnie Mae and/or securitization experience is a big plus
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
• No or very limited physical effort required
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk
Genworth Financial, Inc. - 16 months ago
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....