Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide clerical support to the Small Business Development Center ( SBDC ) Director.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform clerical duties such as answering phones, greeting and assisting visitors, providing information about the SBDC program and/or Lee College to visitors, ordering and maintaining inventory of office supplies, typing correspondence, maintaining up-to-date records and files, picking up and distributing mail, entering data, etc.
- Assist the SBDC Director and/or clients with marketing and advertising plans as needed (i.e., creation of brochures, etc.).
- Enter purchase requests.
- Maintain financial records.
- Assist SBDC Director with grant report.
- Provide budget reports to the SBDC Director.
- Correspond with the UH- SBDC regional office to answer questions concerning any postings to the invoice or report.
- Coordinate special events such as the monthly Small Business Development Breakfast:
- Identify and reserve a location, speaker(s), and catering
- Create and distribute invitations and track RSVPs
- Set up facility the day of the event
- Register participates attending each event and collect/record registration fees (take payments and issue receipts)
- Prepare course schedules with Community Education for co-sponsored classes; prepare rosters and evaluations for Small Business Development Center seminars, recruit instructors for the classes and seminars, and assist in timesheet and recordkeeping.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in Chambers of Commerce and in local service organizations.
- Promote the Small Business Development Center and the services it offers.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent ( GED )
- Some travel required
- Three (3) years of previous clerical work experience
- Proficient organization skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in an office/clerical environment
- Flexible, customer-oriented person willing to work alternative hours
- Proficient computer skills; specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Certificate in Office Technology and/or Associate degree from an accredited college
- Experience using PeopleSoft or an equivalent program
- Bilingual; ability to read, write, and speak Spanish fluently is a plus
- Experience consulting and/or public speaking a plus
San Jacinto Mall Extension - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Lee College - 13 months ago