Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide clerical support to the Small Business Development Center ( SBDC ) Director.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform clerical duties such as answering phones, greeting and assisting visitors, providing information about the SBDC program and/or Lee College to visitors, ordering and maintaining inventory of office supplies, typing correspondence, maintaining up-to-date records and files, picking up and distributing mail, entering data, etc.
- Assist the SBDC Director and/or clients with marketing and advertising plans as needed (i.e., creation of brochures, etc.).
- Enter purchase requests.
- Maintain financial records.
- Assist SBDC Director with grant report.
- Provide budget reports to the SBDC Director.
- Correspond with the UH- SBDC regional office to answer questions concerning any postings to the invoice or report.
- Coordinate special events such as the monthly Small Business Development Breakfast:
- Identify and reserve a location, speaker(s), and catering
- Create and distribute invitations and track RSVPs
- Set up facility the day of the event
- Register participates attending each event and collect/record registration fees (take payments and issue receipts)
- Prepare course schedules with Community Education for co-sponsored classes; prepare rosters and evaluations for Small Business Development Center seminars, recruit instructors for the classes and seminars, and assist in timesheet and recordkeeping.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in Chambers of Commerce and in local service organizations.
- Promote the Small Business Development Center and the services it offers.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent ( GED )
- Some travel required
- Three (3) years of previous clerical work experience
- Proficient organization skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in an office/clerical environment
- Flexible, customer-oriented person willing to work alternative hours
- Proficient computer skills; specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Certificate in Office Technology and/or Associate degree from an accredited college
- Experience using PeopleSoft or an equivalent program
- Bilingual; ability to read, write, and speak Spanish fluently is a plus
- Experience consulting and/or public speaking a plus
San Jacinto Mall Extension - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.