Cablevision Division Optimum/Bresnan Department Name Phone Ops-Billings Job Location MT / Billings Requisition ID 19713BR Position Type Full Time Description BASIC FUNCTION
Under minimal supervision, performs clerical, administrative and secretarial support for the department VP/Director and staff. Assignments generally involve work of a complex nature that assists manager in ensuring the efficient operation of department(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answers and screens the telephone calls for the VP/Director and staff. Handles complex inquiries, takes messages and transfers calls to the appropriate party. Receives and directs visitors; sorts and distributes mail. Maintains departmental files and keeps records.
2. Schedules appointments, meeting, travel arrangements and maintains the VP/Director’s calendar. Prepares any necessary information for meetings; prepares and distributes minutes of meetings. Compiles reports and processes documents of a moderately complex and confidential nature. Prepares and proofreads correspondence, reports and other materials. May plan layout of reports and statistical tables. Uses various software packages such as spreadsheets, word processing, and graphics to produce high quality reports, presentations, or other documents.
3. Acts as liaison between the VP/Director and his/her direct reports, as well as internal and external contacts. Responds to issues and tasks involving the administrative functions of the office that do not need to be brought to the attention of the VP/Director. Handles these situations in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Coordinates all paperwork necessary for the VP/Director to approve. This includes, but is not limited to, travel and expense vouchers, performance appraisals, personnel action forms (PAF) and authorization payment forms (APF). Assists VP/Director and staff with staffing requisitions and eTime approvals. Follows up with other departments to ensure that requests are carried out and activities are coordinated.
5. Responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies for the department. Uses Oracle to initiate purchase order and/or payment forms. Ensures that office equipment works properly. Coordinates repair requests with facilities and/or outside vendors. Maintains records on all repairs and orders. May perform other administrative tasks as needed.
6. Assists in special projects and performs other duties as assigned by the VP/Director. Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Three (3) or more years of secretarial experience.
- Proficient knowledge, with proven experience, of Microsoft Office applications and databases
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Must be flexible to work overtime on short notice.
At Cablevision, we hire innovators, creative thinkers, team players, customer service advocates, technology experts, and top-performing...