Clark College is currently accepting applications for the position of Secretary Lead. This full-time classified position provides secretarial, clerical and general office support to students and faculty for the Dental Hygiene department. Hours for this position are Monday – Friday 7:30 – 4:30. The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period, and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
- Coordinate office operations, which include initiating action to ensure work unit and/or office goals are met, and frequent contacts with clients, the public, staff, faculty, and students.
- Answer telephones.
- Receive, screen and refer visitors.
- Process daily clinical receipts and prepare deposits.
- Compile reports, input data, perform office record keeping, and maintain filing system(s).
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries regarding procedures and services.
- Develop and maintain travel itineraries/records for supervisor and staff; compile final travel expense reports.
- Type letters, meeting notices and agendas; proofread material to ensure correct sentence structure, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Maintain records of all correspondence and documents.
- Direct and monitor the work of student office assistants who work in the front office.
- Maintain supervisor’s calendar and make appointments.
- Relay messages and instructions from supervisor to others as appropriate and/or directed.
- Create and type schedules.
- Establish office procedures, standards, priorities and deadlines with staff and faculty.
- Establish or revise electronic/manual files.
- Schedule and arrange meetings including making room reservations.
- Maintain confidentiality when working with patient, student, and faculty records.
- Assist faculty in course preparation, evaluations, and other documents as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental examination and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- Education: high school graduation or equivalent.
- Experience: increasingly responsible experience working in an office environment. Dental office experience preferred.
- Computer Skills: proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and specialized database systems or comparable software/systems.
- Customer Service: provides service that consistently meets or exceeds the needs of students, colleagues, and the community. Builds and maintains internal and external customer satisfication with the services offered by the college.
- Interpersonal Communication and Problem Solving : effectively builds and maintains strong relationships with a variety of diverse people and uses intelligence, common sense, and tenacity to solve difficult or complicated challenges.
- Self-directed: ability to produce accurate and timely work with minimal supervision.
- Critical Analysis Skills: exhibits ability to identify issues and offer alternative solutions; informs supervisor of all identified problems.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
- Ability to perform basic math skills with accuracy.
- This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association. As a condition of employment, employees are required to become a member of WPEA or pay a representation fee.
- This position requires a background check be conducted on applicants prior to hiring.
Starting Salary: $2,426/month Range: 36 Code: 100U
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., June 19, 2013
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Clark College online application
- Current résumé
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Special Advisor for Diversity and Equity, Gaiser Hall, (360)992-2355.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES:
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
June 10, 2013
The Clark College Bookstore focuses on excellent customer service. In addition to the specific qualifications, we are looking for employees...