Provides administrative support activities requiring a working knowledge of departmental mission and procedures. Performs complex administrative support activities in close relationship to the day-to-day work of the departments(s) supported. Frequently involves coordination with other departments.
This position reports to the pathologist(s), supervisors(s), and/or manager(s) of the department(s).
1. Proofreads typed data ensuring proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar usage.
2. Compiles data from varied sources and produces summary reports as required under general direction. May make routine mathematical calculations and tabulations in accordance with established methods.
3. Trains on use of office automation equipment, i.e., copy machine, Fax machine, calculator, personal computer, etc.
4. Uses computer skills to prepare correspondence, reports, and data from rough drafts and notes.
5. Screens telephone calls and business visitors and applies departmental knowledge in response to questions; routes inquiries to appropriate personnel or department.
6. Organizes and assumes responsibility for maintenance of department files and record system.
7. Interfaces with all levels of ARUP personnel and external contacts to coordinate departmental efforts and exchange information requiring moderate interpretation or discussion.
8. Receives, screens, and distributes incoming mail.
9. Assists in the maintenance and distribution of mailing lists.
10. Orders, receives, and distributes office supplies and equipment.
11. Schedules departmental meetings using the Corporate Calendar.
12. Attends laboratory meetings and in-services as required.
13. Assists in the maintenance and distribution of mailing lists.
- Other secretarial duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Clerical or Business School Training
- At least one year secretarial or office support experience
- Excellent attention to detail
Physical and other requirements
- Ability to type 55 words per minute
- Word processing and computer skills
- Knowledge of medical, laboratory, and biological sciences
This is a temporary position to cover a military leave of absence. The position will last for a minimum of six months but may be extended to one year or longer.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work long hours as needed
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to organize work, to meet deadlines, and work under stressful conditions
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Ability to work independently
ARUP Laboratories - 18 months ago
The good folks at ARUP Laboratories don't grow pale at the sight of blood. The clinical reference lab performs tens of thousands...