Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric
utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that
actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
This position is in PG&E's Gas Operations Wholesale Marketing and Business Development Department (WM&BD).
PG&E owns and operates natural gas transmission
and storage facilities throughout California. Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Gas Operations manages 6,700 miles of gas transmission pipeline, operates nine compressor stations, and has three
operating gas storage facilities. These high –pressure natural gas transmission facilities ultimately deliver natural gas into PG&E's 48,000 mile gas distribution system (the second largest in the country) and to PG&E’s end-use customers.
WM&BD Department develops markets and sells transportation and gas storage services to our customers under the brand name of California Gas Transmission (CGT). These CGT customers are among the biggest companies in the energy industry, including producers and
marketers of natural gas, large industrial and power generation customers, and financial institutions across North America. These are our CGT customers, who trade or sell natural gas to end-use customers on PG&E’s natural gas pipeline system.
WM&BD Department, we are dedicated to providing excellent customer service to our CGT Customers. Our goal is to make it easy and enjoyable to do business with CGT, so that where they have a choice of where to bring their business, they will choose to do business
with CGT. We rely on our culture of excellence, teamwork, respect and integrity as the foundation of our business, as we strive to be on the cutting edge of the energy industry in terms of customer satisfaction, flexibility, innovative product offerings and
The Customer Service group within WM&BD contributes toward achieving our vision of excellent customer service through daily direct and indirect interactions with CGT customers. Excellent customer service is our North Star. We
believe that it takes focused, intentional effort, every day, by all of us, to achieve great customer service. The guiding principles for us are: Treat customers the way they would like to be treated, and make it easy and enjoyable for them to do business with us.
If you would like to be part of a high energy, highly committed team providing excellent customer service to businesses across North America, if you have the skills and commitment to become a strong contributor to this team by way of providing clerical support, we
invite you to apply for this position.
enerally, this position:
o Preparing moderately complex forms, reports, records,
- Receives guidance and direction to carry out duties with limited review
- Has full understanding of the work within the group they support
- Makes recommendations to administrative process improvements and practices
- Partners with administrative team to ensure completion of job responsibilities
- Performs diverse clerical or technical tasks requiring judgment and initiative, for example:
o Reference data using established formats.
o Composing routine correspondence. Compiling data for reports. Research and answer technical inquiries.
This clerical position is
responsible for supporting excellent customer service and revenue by providing clerical support to WM&BD’s Customer Service and the Sales Teams. WM&BD Customer Service is a section of twelve employees: Manager, two Supervisors, ten employees (four Account
Representatives, three Analysts, and a Business Process Specialist. The Sales Team is comprised of the Manager and three Sales Representatives.
This clerical position provides many types of support to these groups: 1) basic clerical support: time
accounting, expense reporting, supply purchase, logistical support for meetings, prepares correspondence, manages onboarding of new employees, provides copier support; prepare and maintain Customer Service calendar, training/travel arrangements and cost tracking;
2) Contracts support: maintains contract files; mails contracts (mostly overnight mail), notices and correspondences, etc.; performs contract-related projects, as assigned; 3) Manager support: Manager files – annual set up, maintain; miscellaneous logistical
support; projects, as assigned.
If you are interested in bringing your skills and abilities to working in an environment that has a strong team culture, that is committed to providing excellent customer service, the daily strives to provide a culture in
which employees are both valued for their contributions and challenged to develop and continually improve, we invite you to apply for this position.
The location of this position will initially be San Francisco, until the department transitions to new
facilities at Bishop Ranch in San Ramon beginning in December 2012. Once transitioned, the position will also transition to a union-represented position.
provided by PG&E.
- To be considered candidates must pass the Clerical Test Battery (CTB) and Microsoft Word 2003 Test
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of general office/administrative experience
administrative, customer service, analyst positions preferred.
- AA degree or equivalent work experience; clerical,
- Proficient user of Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of payroll systems
- Working knowledge of other important business systems applicable to the position (SAP, MDS,
judgment abilities/skills; able to work independently
- Good Time Management skills
- General business understanding
- Oral/written communication skills
- Analytical, problem-solving skills primarily in the context of logistical and clerical support to a staff of sixteen.
Typically performs most or all of the responsibilities outlined below:
- Good organizational skills Responsibilities
- Contractual and other business correspondence preparation and
and communicate to manager/supervisor and/or team members.
- Meeting Logistics: Room scheduling, meeting preparations (making copies, etc), ordering catering and making travel arrangements
- Written & Oral Communications: Assist with written and oral communications and phones. Accurately take messages
inventory of items required. Order new equipment or schedule service/maintenance
- Documentation, Records Management & Filing: Update documents, route incoming correspondence, maintain filing system.
- Office Supplies & Equipment Ordering: Order and maintain an
support for other groups
- Department Training: Manage/coordinate/track training requirements for work group.
- Backup Administrative Team: Cross training to provide back-up administrative/clerical
time cards/payroll processing. Understanding of the payroll system and ability to handle simple analysis and root cause analysis.
- Computer Skills: Works with Microsoft office and Outlook to perform job duties
- Data Entry/Maintenance: Enter and maintain data into standard systems or into spreadsheets.
- Time Reporting: Accurate and timely processing of
as requested by supervisor using internal company applications.
- Employee On-Boarding: Assists in the on-boarding process for new-hires or transferring employees. May do additional HR processing
- Prepare Invoices, Purchase Orders and/or Expense Reports: As required
- Special Projects: Provide support to projects as assigned.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- 2 years ago - save job
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...