WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of the Treasury, the State of Maryland, and Howard County Government.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Contractor’s proposed personnel working at the Secretary (S) labor category/level shall provide professional and proactive mission-oriented administrative support to the assigned customer office.
1. Prior experience that demonstrates a solid foundational knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities of a secretary performing general office administrative tasks. The Contractor’s proposed personnel shall be expected to perform basic administrative tasks with minimal assistance.
2. Strong professionalism with the ability to consistently demonstrate tact and maturity.
3. Strong interpersonal and/or soft skills, and office etiquette to:
a. Facilitate professional relationships and support efficient execution of all office administrative requirements; and
b. Leads to a positive customer oriented service experience by internal office personnel, external customers, and visitors.
4. Teaming and collaboration skills that foster office unity and cohesiveness in support the office administrative requirements.
5. Excellent communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to:
a. Articulate office administrative requirements/actions/needs in a professional tone and attitude;
b. Exchange information to facilitate positive and efficient work processes and results; and
c. Produce written correspondence (i.e., email, letter, document, etc.) that is succinct, coherent, uses proper tone, demonstrates proper grammatical use of the English language, and presents proper format/form per established corporate/office guidance.
6. Strong office and work organization skills.
7. Capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced office environment.
8. Proficient in using office information technology (IT) with the ability to operate standard office equipment (e.g., copiers, scanners, facsimile machines, computer workstations, phones, teleconference/video teleconference equipment).
9. Proficiency in using/applying MS Office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook: Mail, Calendar, and File Functions) to complete administrative functions.
10. Understands office filing systems (hardcopy and softcopy) and general requirements.
11. Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills. Must be detailed oriented and possess consistent, mature judgment.
12. Able to handle a moderate and demanding workload; efficiently coordinate resources, and reasonably work in a fast paced environment that may often have competing priorities.
13. Fundamental understanding of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC).
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Prior DoD experience working in a related field.
Prior military experience and understanding of the military services.
Ability to operate Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment; and this include teleconferences.
WOOD Consulting Services Inc. (WOOD) is a professional services and consulting firm that has emerged as a recognized leader in technical...