Job Title: |
Secretary to Executive VP
- Provides secretarial support to Executive Vice President and staff, including producing letters, memoranda, power-point and excel presentations and reports using PC programs and software.
- Organizes and prioritizes incoming e-mail and correspondence, maintains file call-up systems and databases. Answers telephone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments, makes travel arrangements, etc.
- Interface with outside organizations regarding scheduling meetings and events.
- Assembles and collates materials for distribution.
- Coordinate delivery of organizational messaging from EVP - town halls, conference calls, organizational announcements.
- Decides if executive should be notified of important or emergency matters.
- Responds to external requests for information.
- Composes correspondence expressing manager's viewpoint.
- Routes call to appropriate party(s).
- Coordinates department's administrative activities.
- 8+ years of experience supporting a Senior Executive Officer
- Must be able to deal with confidential/sensitive matters in a discrete and professional manner
- Good instincts and judgment with a keen ability to anticipate needs
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Lotus Notes e-mail application
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) to interact effectively at all levels – particularly Executive Management/Corporate Office and outside vendors/guests
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to act independently once a task or assignment is adequately explained
- Must be a team player willing to work with other administrative staff in a positive, Respectful and professional manner
- Able to effectively manage various tasks and prioritize by level of importance or urgency
- Eager to learn and demonstrated enthusiasm for work
- Willingness and ability to assume additional responsibilities/tasks as needed.
- Demonstrated composure under pressure
- Must be able to write basic memos and letters as required
- College degree preferred
Seven to Ten Years
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 18 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...