Secretary to the Elementary Principal
One to two years clerical experience, preferably in a public education environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; associates degree preferred; or equivalent relevant district experience
- Excellent typing, word processing, and file maintenance skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Intermediate math skills
- Intermediate software skills in word processing and in the development of spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to work independently, recognize priorities in work load, and shift from job-to-job as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Conditions of Employment:
- Fingerprinting and job-related background check required
- Passing score on the Clerical In-Basket assessment
To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the school office so that the office's maximum positive impact on the education of children can be realized.
(The following are the essential fundamentals to include but not limited to the following job duties.)
- Serves as receptionist in person or by telephone.
- Prepares, types, distributes and files correspondence, forms, bulletins, reports, work orders and school mail.
- Compiles, processes, maintains, and enters into computer student information such as student demographics, attendance, discipline, grades, and schedules.
- Maintains student record files such as registration, instructional materials fees, lunch forms, office record cards, student folders, bussing, etc.
- Compiles, processes, and maintains building employee and substitute records such as: payroll time sheets and absence reports.
- Assist in getting substitutes using automated system.
- Compiles, processes and maintains, and handles business records such as bank deposits, activity accounts, requisitions, petty cash, and receiving instructional materials.
- Assists with care of sick and injured children as appropriate for the position.
- Maintains stock and enters orders into computer warehouse.
- Maintains office equipment and building inventory.
- Trains part-time secretary.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Terms OF EMPLOYMENT
8 hours per day for 215 days and 4 hours per day for 23 days during summer break
in accordance with the negotiated agreement.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's
policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and a generally hazard free environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use repetitive hand motions, including prolonged use of a computer terminal. The employee is frequently required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to compare,
analyze, communicate, coordinate, instruct, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills,
compile, and negotiate. The employee frequently is required to compute. The employee occasionally is required to copy.
Decatur Public Schools is an equal employment opportunity employer with an affirmative action plan.
Decatur Public Schools - 11 months ago