Section Manager, Factory Automation
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Section Manager for Factory Automation. This position is responsible for leading a team to ensure strategic project achievement and execution of deliverables in the area of Factory Automation. This position will provide oversight and expertise to both exempt and non-exempt team members while ensuring first line support, prompt response and appropriate troubleshooting of complex issues in our highly automated 300mm semiconductor factory. This is a Monday through Friday day shift position. However, flexibility to work varying hours in order to support team needs is necessary. This will include night shift availability on a periodic basis.
- Provide dynamic leadership to a team of 20-30 highly skilled technicians and engineers/supervisors.
- Partner with HR and recruitment for staffing needs while seeking to hire candidates who support the mission and values of GLOBALFOUNDRIES.
- Complete employee performance reviews and development plans for staff members.
- Provide ongoing coaching and cross-training opportunities to continually enhance team depth and drive employee engagement.
- Partner with your HR Business Partner on disciplinary matters with a focus on driving company values within employee performance output.
- Oversee the installation and start-up of Factory Automation systems including the Automated Material Handling System (AMHS), Material Control System (MCS), wafer sorters, minienvironments, tool loadports, and wafer and reticle carriers.
- Proactively monitor the factory automation systems performance while identifying and communicating opportunities for improved system performance; ensure documentation of procedures and troubleshooting efforts/protocol.
- Oversee the troubleshooting of complex equipment and systems using documented procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement of system performance and reliability (e.g. MTBI, MTTR).
- Schedule and manage preventative maintenance and repair of complex electro-mechanical systems following detailed procedures.
- Ensure adherence to established EHS standards and proactively identify opportunities for improvement to promote a safe work environment at all times.
- Build an effective rapport with support personnel, shift managers, cross-functional engineering and suppliers; collaborate with these groups as necessary and gain cooperation to drive issues to resolution.
- Ensure all issues are fully documented in accordance with established procedures to enable Pareto analysis and continuous improvement.
- Consistently drive the 5S standards to maintain good housekeeping in the factory.
- Support the testing, installation and configuration of automation systems control applications.
- Provide inputs to the automation technology and industrial engineering roadmaps.
- Support daily collaboration and teamwork between technicians and engineers.
- Collaborate with GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab1 and Fab7 teams to develop common metrics, communicate learning and promote continuous improvement at all sites.
- The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities; other duties will be expected to be performed as assigned by management.
- BS degree in engineering or other applicable field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a leader in a highly automated manufacturing operation; preferably in the semiconductor industry
- Minimum of 5 years prior supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to mentor and drive staff performance
- Outstanding project management skills with a history of sustained project execution
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to work effectively and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a global company and channel communications accordingly
- Flexibility to travel as needed to worldwide GLOBALFOUNDRIES facilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong ability to train staff members and transfer knowledge
- Proven leader and motivator
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment in compliance with gowning and PPE protocol
- An advanced degree (MS, MBA or PhD) in engineering or other applicable field of study
- Recent experience ramping and supporting a 300mm AMHS in a leading-edge semiconductor factory
- Experience working with an AMHS Material Control System (MCS) or automated factory control software application (e.g. SiView)
- Formal troubleshooting and root cause analysis training
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBAL FOUNDRIES , visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).#CB
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 9 months ago